Blue Team Preference

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

joeblow wrote:I think I was just linking the start of the red vs blue theory.

Anyway for the server to /ignore team preference and just do /random?

wp
For the red team statistically winning more in UT, it stands to reason.

If we assume that most people don't (or rather didn't for those that no longer play the game) have team pref set to blue (which I think is fair to assume - except on our server recently).
And since the game loads players to the red team first by default, any time there is/was a game on a server that is/was not full there is/was "roughly" (since a few will have pref set to blue) a 50% chance that the red team will have one more human player (i.e. if there is an odd number of players playing, red probably has the extra player).
Then there is also the case of servers that don't have "balance players" set. On these (boring) servers most, if not all, human players are put on red (these servers probably have a 99% red-blue win percentage).

So, overall, saying red statistically wins more than blue (at least in UT) is equivalent to saying human players are generally better than bots.

----------

In terms of the mod to disable team pref, it unfortunately failed during testing and I haven't had time/occasion to talk to Snaggle about it (and he may not care to fool with it anymore).
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Snaggle
DW Clan Member

DW_BrainPan wrote:In terms of the mod to disable team pref, it unfortunately failed during testing and I haven't had time/occasion to talk to Snaggle about it (and he may not care to fool with it anymore).
Hmm. News to me. Hit me up when you get a chance or PM me.

Snaggle.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

With the DW crew is failure ever an option?

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
Tweakish
Camper

-goose- wrote:(see you after your 3rd reinstall)

Lol, good luck with that... I might be back for UT2014, but I wouldn't count on it... might be completely off grid by then.
You aren't fooling anyone goose, you are still playing. Nice try, creating a new stats ID and all.
-goose-
Camper

???
Tweakish
Camper

You are Apothecary. It's pretty obvious.
-goose-
Camper

I am afraid you are mistaken; if this person is impersonating/claiming to be me, please don't be taken in by them.
Ms. Vaughn
Killer in Training

Blue has been stacked for quite some time. Personally I like the red color better but all the familiar faces usually play on Blue Team so far that reason I have my HUD set as red in settings and I have my enemy set as default sapphire skin in blue.

Blue has been stacked since I can remember playing couple years ago.

I play before work at around 5PM EST and blue is 100% stacked at that time. I play some when I get off work at around 8AM EST and in mornings I find it pretty even. Since my skins are set I just stay on blue as it appears red on mine. ;p

I don't think people quit over losing, more or less people quit because of the large number of total dicks on the server lately which is neither here or there most of which seem to be newer to server.

I work close to 16 hours a day, sometimes more. I usually play for hour before and hour after when possible. So begin on at two different times, I can say it's stacked at-least in the late hours in EST time zone.
Tweakish
Camper

Uh, why don't you just configure your brightskins? My red team is like a magenta and my blue is a neon green...hit the home key (or insert maybe) and do it...
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Whenever i enter a server I always join the losing team, whats so important about the color? Color doesn't really matter you silly people. :ssmile: :stongue:
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!