Odd happenings lately

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
Grey

So the new issue on the server is one shot kills - usually a shock rifle or flak cannon. I had full health + a keg of health - ran to the node...one shot kill with a flak.
Same deal with the shock rifle. Now is this something that could happen when the server is laggy? I am not claiming it is a hack or anything but I would love to know why it happens - if there is an explanation.

Thanks in advance.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

It could happen if you're experiencing the p/l you get sometimes (i.e. your health is being reduced in those lost packets, but the one you finally receive is the final blow). Don't know if this is it, but it's a possibility.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
joeblow
1337 Haxor

I have been sniping lately. :geek:

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

...a few maps have the SuperShock Rifle..definitely one shot insta-kill....and there's always a possibility of a Double Damage pickup...a good sniper ::cough joe cough:: aims for a headshot, definitely a one shot kill..in fact a headshot with LG, Sniper, Shock etc. will all kill you just as dead. ;)

BrainPan is correct too...packet loss kills as well. You might want to do a trace route next time this happens to see if you're getting packet loss. A lot of us use this piece of freeware to do trace routes:
http://www.pingplotter.com/freeware.html

Have you noticed if it's been one particular person that's been doing the insta-kills or is it just random peeps?

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Terminator
Killer in Training

DW_KarmaKat wrote:...a few maps have the SuperShock Rifle..definitely one shot insta-kill....and there's always a possibility of a Double Damage pickup...a good sniper ::cough joe cough:: aims for a headshot, definitely a one shot kill..in fact a headshot with LG, Sniper, Shock etc. will all kill you just as dead. ;)
:flower:
Shock Rifle only does 45 damage per beam... No matter where you hit a target. LG does 70 dmg and 140 on a headshot. Sniper Rifle does 60 dmg and 120 on a headshot.
-goose-
Camper

No. The SSR does 1600 damage per shot to footsoldiers and 50 to vehicles Flack primary can do 117 so a double damage primary will do 234, which is more than enough to kill you at 199 health.

Also, the LG can branch doing between 30-35 damage, and the branches still scale with headshots and DD.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Let me clarify. The "you" in my statement "the p/l you get sometimes" was speaking specifically of Grey (not p/l that "one", or "someone", or "players" get sometimes).

I said this because, prior to this (an possibly during this) Grey was/has been experiencing some noted p/l. p/l that he has noticed (and complained about) in game, and that I have also witnessed.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD