Another Tool

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
-goose-
Camper

GUID: [hidden]4371b377a875f5a6cce528ff89eea648[/hidden]

d1Rt
Camper

Wuuuut? Tweak was on? He must've got his fill of Tribes 2.
Galahad
Killer in Training

He was! I made the comment that playing 2 much tribes can make you sloppy. He got warmed up, killing everybody and said "man I miss hitscan weapons". I told him about trying to get Sunday night games going and gave him the i.p. Hit him up! Somebody else added it to their favs too, not sure who it was.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

TBH I tried Tribes: Ascend but that game is full of really bad ideas and poor implementations. The core concept is fun but it really sucks because it's F2P.
DW_Shawn
DW Clan Member
Xfire: shawnilizer

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:TBH I tried Tribes: Ascend but that game is full of really bad ideas and poor implementations. The core concept is fun but it really sucks because it's F2P.
I played it for like a minute, closed it, never played it again. :/
úñkñøwñ*shåwñ
[»shåwñ«]
Tweakish
Camper

Yes, indeed, it is true. I came back for a bit, and I will be coming back more often. I miss this game, but man, in the interest of keeping people around on this game I better not...I made 2 people ragequit already saying I was haxing only because I hit them with lg's, and I couldn't hit jack shit.

Unbelievable, this game. I've gotten hax calls in Tribes, but not nearly as much as this game, and I do about the same amount of damage. The usual response is 'good shot' as opposed to OMG YOU MID-AIR'd ME YOU MUST BE HAX, <ragequit>. Something I surely didn't miss.

Can we get the pugs going to get some proper games played?
Tweakish
Camper

DW_Shawn wrote:
DW_WailofSuicide wrote:TBH I tried Tribes: Ascend but that game is full of really bad ideas and poor implementations. The core concept is fun but it really sucks because it's F2P.
I played it for like a minute, closed it, never played it again. :/
Well, you should give it a chance. It does take a little getting used to, but it's faster and skiing is really fun. If you want I could give you pointers to get you started.

And why does it suck cause its F2P? A lot of games are starting to go with this model, definitely allows for a bigger potential user base.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

F2P sucks because their business model is about selling stuff in the game. So not only do I start with very few classes/weapons, reducing my flexibility, but it encourages them to add more weapons and stuff that I feel aren't very good for the game. I played it for a couple of weeks but I really prefer the gameplay when everyone is skiing around as a Pathfinder and using Spinfuzors and playing CTF instead of messing around with dumb stuff like generators/turrets, fractal grenades, vehicles, etc.
DW_Shawn
DW Clan Member
Xfire: shawnilizer

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:F2P sucks because their business model is about selling stuff in the game. So not only do I start with very few classes/weapons, reducing my flexibility, but it encourages them to add more weapons and stuff that I feel aren't very good for the game. I played it for a couple of weeks but I really prefer the gameplay when everyone is skiing around as a Pathfinder and using Spinfuzors and playing CTF instead of messing around with dumb stuff like generators/turrets, fractal grenades, vehicles, etc.
Yeah stuff like that happens too.

"F2P sucks because their business model is about selling stuff in the game"
^This. So they make the game free to play but if you want to be bad ass like the rest of the guys with all the cool stuff, put out your cash or work your butt off to get to their level with the cool stuff they got> then there is an update and you gota work more to get that> or its just not available for you at all, its for the so called "exclusive" members.

Free 2 play | Pay 2 win
úñkñøwñ*shåwñ
[»shåwñ«]
Tweakish
Camper

DW_Shawn wrote: ^This. So they make the game free to play but if you want to be bad ass like the rest of the guys with all the cool stuff, put out your cash or work your butt off to get to their level with the cool stuff they got> then there is an update and you gota work more to get that> or its just not available for you at all, its for the so called "exclusive" members.

Free 2 play | Pay 2 win
Well I threw 30 bucks at it and have only really used about 10 of it, I'm waiting for them to release a pack for a class. Still got 400k XP to spend if I need it...Not to mention if you play in pugs or competitively, the OP guns are banned, and even so they are barely OP. I mean, it's true, they do have to make money somehow, but I feel like a lot less people would be playing it right now without that model, including me.

Wouldn't be surprised that if they made a new UT, it would be f2p...