Computers with hardware.

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Marbles wrote:Hmm but I'm only 16 with no job and little money. I can get a summer job next month and get a nice computer. Just don't know if I should get dual core processor and pci16x because it's expensive...
You should probably save up your money for needs (college or an apartment) instead of luxury things ;)
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Haha. Thanks but I don't know if I can make it to collage. I would have to transfer to a collage after community college. Probably Chico State in CA. But I haven't really looked at colleges yet because I want to go to college when I'm almost 20... =D
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

Sounds like you should update the Bios. That or something is corrupt in your files. If it didn't work at all I would say it's the card or a driver issue but since it works some of the time it can get really tricky. This is the drive on the 8100?

Computers aren't a luxury.... they run this world :cheers: *Now an Alienware, that's just a luxury none of us can afford!!*
Marbles
Pro but Noob

No. Its a network card. The drive boots fine =D
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

don't get me started on network (or printers for that matter)...

I only ever bothered with a network card once and it was so rubbish my Dad drilled through four walls to run a network cable. That gets 100mbps to my network instead of 10-50, intermittently and jerkily.

If it is a wireless network try borrowing a wireless dongle from someone. Since USB is more changeable and to be quite frank, incredibly basic relative to PCI etc cards, it will be easier. If it works, you might be better off keeping on the USB route.
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Ok i have a mic sorta. need help. My friend gave me sony psp headphones with a mic. I can't use the mic cuz i don't know how. put in line in, speaker, or microphone spot?
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

On your onboard sound you should have a slot for speakers and one for a mic. How many plugs do you have on the psp headset?
Marbles
Pro but Noob

I asked whurl and he said its impossible, it only have 1 jack. =[
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Towers should have two jacks. Either in the front or the back. Look around. Find the sockets and plug it in...& don't say 'that's what she said' because that's old.

A headset with only one jack sounds a bit cheap.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW_Ant wrote:Towers should have two jacks. Either in the front or the back. Look around. Find the sockets and plug it in...& don't say 'that's what she said' because that's old.

A headset with only one jack sounds a bit cheap.
Yeah, it's a PSP headset, Ant. It probably has some sort of Sony proprietary connector, so normal splitters probably wont work.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD