Computers with hardware.

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
Marbles
Pro but Noob

I have hp crap computer and it only runs AGP in 4x...
Is there no way to update the bios and change it to 8x.
I am pretty sure this is the main cause of my card only getting an average of 12 fps on the 16th wave for DW MM, But on wave one I get like 50. Any help?
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Oh yeah here are my computer stats.

Video Card: Gainward AGP 8X NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti200 128MB DDRAM
Hard Drive: Samsung SV8004H 70gig
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz 2.27 GHz (it's not dual, thats just what it says.)
Ram: 512 MB
O/S: Windows XP SP3
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

can't offer much help here buut, if you have to flash BIOS (someone may explain) get a UPS battery to protect it because if it goes wrong you need a nice new mb.
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Well I have another motherboard my grandpa found actually. He was working on this house after people moved out and they left a computer that only have a motherboard and a video card. I can't find any info on it... It's definitely made in china. But I can't identify it otherwise.
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Marbles
Pro but Noob

YAY Another problem. My mic just stopped working! Any ideas. It was working this morning but I let ethrust play and now it doesn't. I used in UT2004 and Vent.
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Haha I think I am the only one with problems when It comes to computers. You guys are lucky.

Ok

I have an 80gig hard drive installed, but I want to install another. I have tried to before, but it keeps failing. Any ideas? :crybaby:
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Marbles wrote:Haha I think I am the only one with problems when It comes to computers. You guys are lucky.
Nope, many people have lousy computers. Some of us even consider it lucky if you get 12 fps during seeker waves.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

12? I get like 17 on the first seeker wave. But wave 15 i get like 12 depending on the maps...
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Marbles wrote:I have an 80gig hard drive installed, but I want to install another. I have tried to before, but it keeps failing. Any ideas? :crybaby:
I presume these are IDE HDs. Did you set the jumpers on the drives to indicate whether the drive is a master or slave? You'll have to reset them on the existing drive too if it's set to something like "single drive" or "master no slave". Or if they're set to "cable select", do you have the appropriate (80 pin) data cable?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Yeah they are 80pins. But one is a samsung and I can't make it master with 160 the slave. =/
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM