Computers with hardware.

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

and THAT is why SATA is so much easier to use (except if you get a big cable it gets hard to plug in both ends.

If the second drive is brand new and bigger, maybe consider transferring everything over onto it. AFAIK it will be faster and if your older HD fails you will still have your OS. Then all you need to do is store important data (and UT!) on the new drive.
Marbles
Pro but Noob

To be honest, I need a new computer this one is horrible. A 4x bus drive for my AGP card. It runs horribly and it shouldn't be. Anyone wanna help me find some deals =D I know newegg.com is good. And I don't have a lot of money so yeah.
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

Last week I put together an Intel Duo 2.8ghz with a Nvidia 750i MOBO with 4 gigs of 8500 RAM and a 1 gig Nvidia 9500 graphics card for $650.... The deals are out there man, now is the time to buy when all the retailers are getting their butts handed to them from no one shopping!!!

http://www.frys.com (Fry's Electronics, gotta love them)
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Hmm but I'm only 16 with no job and little money. I can get a summer job next month and get a nice computer. Just don't know if I should get dual core processor and pci16x because it's expensive...

Oh yeah I was having a very hard time installing UT Anthology on my laptop. Tried the cd 82374297 trillion times at least. So I tried to burn a dvd. Got all the files on the dvd but I guess my dvd burner is having a bad day and didn't read the disk. But now I figured it out =D I put the installation cd on my Ipod and opened the installation on the laptop and it worked =D I'm so proud of myself. :bounce:
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

It wouldn't load from the CD/DVD? What error were you getting?
Jon!
1337 Haxor

what laptop is it? my grandfather couldn't install Empires DOMW because the second disk span up then cut off and it didn't recognize it.
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Well the laptop is kinda broken. My grandparents were using it for work but then I got it because they got a new one. It was shipped to my uncle in new york and someone dropped it so the dvd rom broke. the cd rom still works. it would just freeze half way through the installation =/
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Oh and the laptop is a piece of crap
I mean its a Dell inspiron 8100
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Jon!
1337 Haxor

ok. seems to be a different problem.
Marbles
Pro but Noob

I love this forum I made. I have so many questions and you all know so much.

When I try to boot my laptop I get this exact message.

PXE-E05: The LAN adapter's configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized. The Boot Agent cannot continue.

YAY I LOVE COMPUTER CONFLICT.

If I take out the LAN card it boots and sometimes it will boot with the card in. But 93% of the time I get this message =[ Update bios? New Network card? HELP =D
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM