MrJoe needs dire help and assistance!!!

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

This may or may not help but try and reinstall DirectX. I don't see anything in the error report but I don't think it can hurt to try. i'm kind of at a loss as to why your having issues. If you uninstalled UT, Deleted the UT folder, Reinstalled UT and ran the Patch you should be able to connect to the server and download the files and be set. The only other thing that could be an issue is video drivers. Have you installed a new driver lately. If so go back to the old driver. It's been a long day today and my mind is scrambled eggs right now. I'm just throwing things out there.

You can download DirectX 9.0c from Microsofts website.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
MrJoe
Killer in Training

O.K. - I deleted my MP5 file (3C276E3141E3E89633F5F28FBFBDBC9D) and removed it from the ini file in the text. Went back on UT2K4 and redl'd by joining the server. Still the same problem. I crashed within the first 5 seconds. And I'm completely up to date as far as updates with Vista Ultimate. Not sure whats wrong..

Edit: Just tried again and stayed logged on for 30seconds, then Luci spawned, went to shoot and had translocator equipped and crashed.
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

The only problems that I can find related to this issue all state that repatching fixed the problem, so I am at a loss for now. Did you have AV and spyware progs disabled during the install and patching?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_ChocoCake
DW Clan Member

Alright I think I know what the problem is here. When you fire the MP5, it calls a function called CheckForSplash() which determines whether or not to display a splash graphic if the bullets hit water. Earlier you posted an error message after you said you updated the game, but the game version you were running is still not the latest version. So what is probably happening is the CheckForSplash() function is not being found either because it was added in a more recent patch or because it was changed in a later patch. So basically you need to make sure you apply the latest patches including the ECE bonus pack because it also contains important updates.

You can get all the files here:
http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2004 ... ential.php

I don't believe this problem is related to windows, drivers or hardware issues.
DW_StaticLan
1337 Haxor

DW_ChocoCake wrote:I don't believe this problem is related to windows, drivers or hardware issues.
Choco's right, it has nothing to do with any of those, it's purely UT causing those errors.
MrJoe
Killer in Training

OK! I got that problem fixed thanks to the help of you all, but now I've another problem..What is 'DWPack1F' ?
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

MrJoe wrote:OK! I got that problem fixed thanks to the help of you all, but now I've another problem..What is 'DWPack1F' ?
It's a package (probably created by Wail) that is needed to play on the INV servers. What problem are you having? It's likely that it has just been updated. If you've extracted it, just find it in your system folder and rename it (or delete it from your cache) - then re-download it from the server.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
camelsauce

wow this post is a year behind but anyhow you can download a XP http .dll file and it will fix the downloading maps and prolly a few other game problems your having. Just google it and youll find it easy. I had just about the same problems with this game as well as on Far cry 2. Downloaded the .dll file and cleaned my graffix card and everything else that gets heated up and now it runs like a champ w/o any crashes or failed map/downloads.
«¤ÊX§ÂÐVØCÂTʤ»
warhead2
1337 Haxor

google for what exactly?
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!