Windows 7

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
Marbles
Pro but Noob

Anyone get the windows 7 today? Does it have a watermark in the lower left hand corner?
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

NEWS: It seems many CPUs lack the capability to run Xp virtalisation, I will try to re-find the list, but it is most CPUs that cannot do it. Don't get your hopes up, but ms just lost one customer.
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

1st of all remember this is only the RC it is not the RTM version of Windows 7. The article you are referring to Jons is here http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=946

I have it but will not be installing it until this weekend or next weekend. I will not be running anything in XP mode since most if not all of my programs will run fine under this OS. If I wanted XP mode I would stay with XP. The only downside to this RC is that in March of 2010 if you have not already purchased and installed the RTM version of Windows 7 this RC will reboot your computer every 2 hours until it expires in June of 2010. I will be installing it on another drive so I can play around with it but it will not be replacing my Vista 64 OS. With SP2 for Vista coming out soon I will stay with Vista until MS released the RTM of Windows 7 towards the end of the year. This is only for people to play around with and provide feedback to MS to help improve any issues that may reside in Windows 7. This is not something you really want as your main OS however I do have friends that run it and love it. But to throw in the towel after the RC has been released would be a HUGE mistake IMO. Because Windows 7 will truly will be an awesome OS.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Yeah what Damaged said!!! You need to remember this is the Release candidate, Not the retail and I have been messing around with it for awhile now and Win7 is nice. Much better than XP and I must say the only thing I have yet to get to run on it from my machine is the damn Creative sound blaster drivers, which by the way the company is notorous for being failures at, it's not MS's fault that they have not gotten the driver for my card out which they might still do by RTM release. By the way I have been running the 64bit version and it is like butta....real smooth!

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

knew that but ty :)

I was just warning dont download the xp virt unless you have support. Even the first Core2 Duo has it but my E5700 doesn't >_<