DIRT!

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

A not so new game but it looks great and cheap and I have a copy on the way!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3iRmbzWye8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO06uFKw6QM[/youtube]

So order it and hook up the steering wheel and lets do some racing already!
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

And you say you can't afford health insurance. Thats the problem today everyone wants there toys but they don't want to pay for there own health insurance. I just don't get it :banghead:
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Looks good Savage .

That is something I've always wanted to do. The best I got is a jalopy for a buggy that never gets out of third gear .

[offtopic]Like not buying the game is going to get him health insurance , no I don't think you do get it .

What about that waitress that works down at the corner cafe , what about the ditch diggers of the USA, this list goes on. What about all the hard working people of America that no matter how hard they work and save simply cannot afford the way health insurance is going. What about the people with pre-existing conditions , what about those that have been put off by their insurance and canceled .Why do we have so many people going bankrupt because of this that HAVE insurance.

What are we going to do when the hospitals start using , we reserve the the right to refuse service to anyone , then Mobi's plan goes out the window.[/offtopic]
DW_Damaged
DW Clan Member

I HIJACKED THE TOPIC SORRY

It's not just the game B it's those who choose not to buy health insurance have no problem buying Xbox 360's/PS3's, nice computers, flat screen tv's, nice cars ect.. ect.. I want to get rid of my 2003 Grand Prix GT and get a new truck and I want to replace our 61" projection tv for a 58" lcd not to mention there is a lot of other toys I would like to get but I think my wifes health isurance even at $450 per month is a tad bit more important.
Savage
DW Clan Member

This thread is specifically for a game called "DIRT". I left that discussion for a reason and you chasing me down to rant more about your views is bull shit! You and no one else will convince me otherwise so keep your opinions to yourself. If you want to continue ranting and insulting my character, go back to the other thread where I don't need to hear it. The next time you bring that shit to me, I won't be so nice about it.
Savage
DW Clan Member

DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

DW_Damaged wrote:I just don't get it
You said it, not me :)

Know when the last time I bought a new car, TV, Burning Man ticket, hell, movie ticket? Well I was employed at the time, so it's been a few years. I did get one new game this year... I got COD4 for Christmas (last year technically)...

So I should feel bad about discussing a $20 video game?

Bite me.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Back to the subject at hand... yeah this game looks cool. Graphics look great, although it looks like they could have put a bit more into animations/morph targets on damaged vehicles and more of a destructible/interactive environment though.

You were saying the game's been out for a while, so I've got to keep that in consideration.

Over the years, I've played a few racing games for PC that had great graphics, but none of them played well at all. I think it's because of a lack of standardization in the player input department. Playing Need for Speed on a console for which it's been developed, tested, and tuned, is a completely different experience from playing the same game on your PC with a mouse, or with one of any number of steering wheel inputs that each make the game play completely differently.

If there were one steering wheel controller that were the clear standard... and developers coded their games around /it/, that would be a different story. As it is, it seems to take quite a bit of tweaking to get as smooth and responsive controls on the PC as are available with console controllers.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
-1PARA-Queenie
1337 Haxor

OOOOOOOO looks very cool, i use to play driving games on the playstation all the time years ago n played need for speed on the pc aswel nowhere near as good as it was on the playstation but was still fun :srofl:

soooooooo Damaged you said sorry for hijacking the thread then continued to hijack it, wth was the point in pretending to be sorry..........argh

P.S that is a retorical question...
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:queen:
Savage
DW Clan Member

DW_Fry wrote:Back to the subject at hand... yeah this game looks cool. Graphics look great, although it looks like they could have put a bit more into animations/morph targets on damaged vehicles and more of a destructible/interactive environment though.

You were saying the game's been out for a while, so I've got to keep that in consideration.

Over the years, I've played a few racing games for PC that had great graphics, but none of them played well at all. I think it's because of a lack of standardization in the player input department. Playing Need for Speed on a console for which it's been developed, tested, and tuned, is a completely different experience from playing the same game on your PC with a mouse, or with one of any number of steering wheel inputs that each make the game play completely differently.

If there were one steering wheel controller that were the clear standard... and developers coded their games around /it/, that would be a different story. As it is, it seems to take quite a bit of tweaking to get as smooth and responsive controls on the PC as are available with console controllers.
Yup, their are a couple good free online racing games that play fairly well with the mouse. Cheap showed me one called racer that plays okay with the mouse but I'm not sure how you could really play a racing game well without a steering wheel. Also, their is another online racer called Club Silo for PC but you need Blender to play it for now but once out of Beta, it will play without it... I think. But I don't see many racing games for PC that you can play online with others like "Dirt" that is why it appealed to me so much. I actually love racing games but was under the impression not many people here liked them but it seems I was wrong. I'm totally excited about getting it and I plan to purchase the Thrust Master steering wheel: Manual Clutch Edition, because nothing is funner that driving a manual, I love it! You should pick it up sometime, it will be fun.