Free Weekend on Steam!

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

For those of you who may have been skeptical about purchasing UT3 in fear of disappointment, It is a whole new game and Steam is having another free weekend for Unreal Tournament 3 Black Edition! We have noticed a growing number of players both today and yesterday and thought, "hey are they having a free weekend?" Well, they are and others are taking advantage of it so why not you? It is indeed a new game and we have adding the classic invasion we all know and love so download it and stop by! We'll be waiting... Keep in mind you will need steam and the link to the steam news article is below, click on "click here" to begin downloading and come witness the carnage my friend! As I said, we will be waiting for you!

Steam News: UT3 Free Weekend!
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

That announcement wrote:September 17, 2009, 1:09 pm - Valve - General Announcement
Savage
DW Clan Member

Nice little faded print right there, gotta love that, eh? Well, I thought I had a hard time finding the download link and Fry claimed to have found the download link for it. I'll check with him to be sure it just wasn't for purchase. If so, I apologize.
Savage
DW Clan Member

Yup, sure looks that way. Fry must have been downloading steam I guess. I wish I had known about it earlier, steam sucks! Anyways, thanks for pointing that out. I'll keep everyone posted if their is another free weekend.
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Nope. From the Steam News page, I clicked the "click here to start downloading" link. That opened up a link with Steam and the HD requirement window came up with the caption, "You are about to install Unreal Tournament 3 Black".

You do have to have Steam already installed, I believe.

Here's the page with the "click here" link:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2835/
(Under Team Deathmatch)