GoldenEye: Source

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
D.S.

Hello everybody, just wanted to drop by the forums to let you know about the new beta 4 version game mod, GoldenEye: Source. GE:S is an online multiplayer FPS conversion game mod based on the popular Nintendo 64 Goldeneye 007 console game. The game developers created the mod using Valve’s source engine and basically took all the best parts of the console edition and translated them to an online multiplayer pc version.

If you’ve ever played the N64 version of Goldeneye, you’ll recognize a lot of the features in the pc version. A lot of the classic weapons and maps are back and the gameplay is solid. Everything from the game soundtrack, to the display screens, and map textures are very similar to the console version. The player movement is excellent and the in-game voice/mic. option adds a great level of team play. In addition, the weapons are pretty well balanced, and works similar to the console version (i.e. head shot worth more damage, then body hits, etc.). The game mod developers even brought back the one-shot, one-kill Golden Gun.

The beta 4 version of the game went live this month and it looks like it’s attracting quite a few players. The best part about the game is that if you already own any Valve game purchased from the online steam store (HL2, DoD: S, TF2, CS: S, etc) then you can play this game for free. The cheapest version of the game is around $5 on steam (Half Life 2: Deathmatch). Then all you have to do is download the free Goldeneye: Source mod and you’re good to go.

If you’re looking for a fun, competitive online multiplayer FPS pc game I highly recommend this one.

Gameplay video: GoldenEye: Source Game Trailer

To read more about Goldeneye: Source: GE:S Wiki Info Page
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Pardon me for asking this, but I don't know who you are.

Are you a real player that's with us, or are you just spammer spreading some products?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466