Unhappy Asus M4N78 Pro user - meeds a good MoBo.

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
PP, PP man

Sorry if this is an instant replay.
I posted this in the introduction thread already.
I was afraid the request for hardware advice would get lost.

My pimp rig is a x4 965 with a GTX 285. I got the Asus M4N78 Pro motherboard
just to try Phenom II and I was not disappointed - EXCEPT - this Asus motherboard
will not clock up worth a crap! I used Turbo V to clock the PII 965 up to 3.8GHz
[supposedly] then left Turbo V on whilst I did a general Windows shutdown and Turbo V
corrupted. I tried to use the settings in the BIOS on this board too and forget it! Crash, Crash Crash!

What motherboard will get me clocked up right?
PP

x4 965 + GTX285

and still slower that bleep
Dynadin
Pro but Noob

Have a look into Gigabyte motherboards. I have heard they can be very good for overclocking if you get the right one. I can't give you any specifics as I use Asus myself.
To bring about the end you have to start at the beginning.
PP, PP man

You know, what swayed me to the Asus was the super quick Express Gate browser. I never thought about the Nvidia GeForce chipsets being dogs as OC motherboards, but if I can keep mistakes in the $100.00 range I only feel $100.00 sorry, besides this mobo has imbedded aka integrated graphics and would do great as a plain old PC base.

I hope this thread would grow some, and I am not blaming you.

There are 890FX boards out there and I wondered who really knew a bunch of stuff from experience with those possibly.
I was figuring if there were any gamers that clocked up there rigs it would be in UT2004 [best fun R&G game ever IMHO]
because UT04 really is a speed oriented game and the higher the clocks the better it plays. IT is not like you are
in a sewer on an Easter Egg hunt with your flashlight after the nukes dropped like some of those lame games!!!!!
PP

x4 965 + GTX285

and still slower that bleep
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

I have seen no 890fx boards yet. Seen plenty of 890g boards but no FX.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Well you started 2 threads .... I have had no issues with my Abit board . Very happy customer .