Extremely Strange Mouse Problem

Talk about anything gaming related which is not covered by our game specific forums (i.e. new games coming out, gaming hardware, server suggestions, etc.)
viking*
Killer in Training
Xfire: pkviking

I'm posting this on multiple forums to try and get a quick-fix.

I've been using a MX510 for about six years now and it has never once failed me in any way; however, over the last month or so, some really strange problem has occurred.

When I'm gaming, whether it be UT2004, CoD4, CoDWaW or any other fps-- whenever I am aiming at any enemy, and I click to shoot, my gun will not fire. For any single shot weapon, nothing will happen when I click-- for any auto-fire weapons, only one bullet will come out or sometimes, no bullets at all. This is strange because if I am firing at nothing or a team mate, everything works properly. It's extremely annoying because this completely ruins gaming for me.

It cannot be the mouse itself because it works properly outside of gaming and in any game that is not an fps.

If anyone has ever heard of something like this and/or may know what to do-- please help, lol. I seem to have the weirdest **** happen to me. Just a few months ago, I realized that my keyboard (saitek gamer's keyboard) was keeping planetside from loading properly. Because of this, I had to unplug my keyboard every time I wanted to launch planetside. By far, the most retarded glitch I have ever encountered. But again, if anyone may know what to do about my mouse issue, your help would be greatly appreciated.

xfire: pkviking
Metaphor for a missing moment, pull me into your perfect circle.
Dynadin
Pro but Noob

Sounds like packet loss within the game to me. It is more common to happen in laggier areas of the map, eg, where monsters are. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you press f6 while playing it will give a list of data which includes whether you are having packet loss. I suggest trying that when it next happens, even if it is just to rule that option out.
To bring about the end you have to start at the beginning.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I can only relate this to a "sticky" mouse. I really notice it in the editor. You sure this is only on FPS?
Have you tried a different mouse to see if it is the mouse (It's best not to make assumptions).
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

it's not pl. i rarely get pl.
i also have my fps uncapped and it's constant 200+

i uploaded a video of myself shooting at someone with mini-- but nothing happening.
my fps is horrible in this video because recording with xfire is absolutely horrendous and eats your fps like cake.

http://www.xfire.com/video/268b2e/

as you can see, while aiming at someone and holding down my fire button with mini, NOTHING HAPPENS. as i aimed away to the left and right, you can see the gun begin to fire-- which makes it extremely hard to believe that the mouse is the problem; however, i will try a different mouse. when i aimed back at the guy, the gun fired a little bit.... stopped... and then fired a bit more.. and then stopped again. it's not packet loss and it's not fps loss.

also, when using single shot like shock and lg, it's almost like i have 1000 ping. sometimes, i'll click and the gun will work properly. sometimes, i'll click and nothing will happen at all. other times, i will click and it takes 4 seconds for the gun to shoot. this is only while aiming at somebody. if im aiming at a wall, the gun will shoot.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

The MX510 is notorious for having the solder joints below the button go bad . This will cause the button to sometimes work and sometimes not. I'm not saying this is your problem but it could be.

I had 2 510's do this . The 518 has held up much better .
viking*
Killer in Training

thanks for the input-- i suppose i'm going to have to summon the motivation one day to reformat again.
if that doesn't work, i'll try getting a new mouse.