Thank You!

Talk about anything UT2004 related
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Hi everyone,

I would just like to give everyone a big thank you for all of your generous donations, be they for SV, or for reserved slots on the invasion server, or just because you really believe in this community we have here, and what we are all about. It blows me away that we still have such a following and people willing to donate for a four year old game who's playership drops a little more every day. All this just goes to prove that it's not about the game, but about the community, the people, and the attitude that people and fun come first. I'm very proud of the clan we've built, and the community we have here playing on the servers and joining us in Ventrilo.

I'd like to address a couple of things here.

In terms of donations getting recorded: I just went through a bunch today. Please do not be offended if I miss you. Unfortunately, the block does not record automatically like it should (it's something with my provider that they refuse to allow) and I have to maintain it manually. If I miss you, it's not a slight, I promise.

I appreciate every dime I get. It all helps, and it all goes towards giving you the best gaming enjoyment possible. If you're ever curious about the hardware, , the connection, or what we do, you can hit me up directly, or talk to most of the DW's. They know how we go the extra mile to provide you the best gameplay possible.

In terms of the donations themselves, I get a little confused with the way the paypal email notification comes to me. When you make a donation, and you want your name listed, make sure you select YES on the clandw donation page. Then when in paypal, make sure you put your in game name in the comment field. Or if you want it listed, with "Anonymous", put "Anonymous" in the comments. If you select No, do not list it, I will not list it at all. But you should ALWAYS put you in game name somewhere in the comments field so I know who you are. I unfortunately do not know many of you by first name, only screen name. So even if you said something like "List me as Anonymous, but my in game name is FruitLoops just so you know" at least I would know who you were.

In the coming months:

Wraith and the boys are always tweaking the invasion server. There's always new surprises, and they work really hard to give the best gameplay possible, and keep as many people happy as possible. So make sure you check them out. The link to the server is at the top of the home page. But be forewarned. Once you start playing there, you will not stop so make sure you have lots of spare time!

Look for big changes on the ONS server in the next few weeks. Our resident expert coder Snaggle is hard at work coming up with some tweaks for the ONS server which should add a couple of new wrinkles to a tired old gametype. It should make more than a few people happy. We're not going to reveal any secrets just yet but stay tuned.

By the end of the summer, DW will be moving back to Chicago. I know some folks get crazy routing to our server right now, and unexplained ping increases, and packet loss. But in Chicago, we'll have a much better network then we have right now, we'll have more bandwidth to play with and while we already run about as powerful a machine as you can build today, we'll have an even beefier machine. So that will mean more gaming opportunities for you from DW than ever before.

No one knows when UT3 will come out, but we'll be ready for it. The server in Chicago will be built with that in mind. The second the UT3 demo comes out, we'll be running a 32p demo server for Warfare, with the idea of running a retail one going forward. We'll of course be porting over our invasion server as soon as all the mutators are available for it. We'll continue to run our other servers as well, including TAM and IGDM, etc. And if someone releases a mod to run pure ONS, we'll even look at that as well. As for our 2k4 servers once UT3 comes out: We'll evaluate that as we go along. We will not let those servers stand in the way of the community moving forward and growing, but we will not get rid of them until we absolutely have to. And if there is enough demand and financial support from the community, we could also look at hosting another machine for those servers. We're open minded, and anything is possible.

So thank you once again for all of your support in every way. I wish I could see more of you in game, but those of you who know me know my reasons for sometimes not being able to play :shock: as much as I would like

:homework: :love1: :angel13: :angel13:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo