Freezing on Map Change (Gentoo, Unknown if Windows too)

Talk about anything UT2004 related
Purity_the_Kitty
1337 Haxor

Hey all...anyone know why my game is locking up every map change, and I have to send reconnect to the server? It doesn't seem to matter if I'm downloading the map or pulling it from cache/local, and it doesn't seem to write anything unusual at all to UT2004.log. I'm running Gentoo, so I'm curious if Zax or Rix gets this...

Haven't tried it in Windows due to a lack of Windows on this box. Last Windows box didn't do it, but I didn't get it on my last Gentoo box either.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Rix would be the one to ask, Zax is a mac boi now.

Also maybe hunka?
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

When did this start happening?

I'm concerned about these crash reports all of a sudden.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
HunkaHunkaBurninLove
Killer in Training

I'm not having any problem with SuSE 10.0. Nvidia driver 1.0-8762, and ut2004-amd64.

(On the other hand, playing on OMNI is quite annoying for me, presumably because of their AntiTCC.)
OPENSUSE LINUX 10.3 (X86-64).
Playing ETQW until a UT3 Linux client appears.
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

I slap you Hornet! I slap you!

No, that's just you, never happens to me. Of course, sometimes when I switch servers without disconnecting the game crashes (like, let's say, I see Dreamus playing while on the MM server, and I just hit join) but that seems completely different.

I'd say you have to rip apart your computer and see if anything looks unusual, like a bunch of aliens spawning and crying out "Slap Hornet!". :blackeye: