Computer got stop sometime

Talk about anything UT2004 related
hamburger

Hello,

What is the real problem behind computer stopping and have to press the restart button?

Is it a software or a part of hardware that causes it?
Envy
Killer in Training

How hot is it getting?
Such is the form of my sin.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Ham,

If it just shuts down completely...you may have a heat issue.

You should always try and keep the nearby area clean (not always easy..especially if you have a pet...cat hair is the bane of my computer existence!). If you're not afraid of opening the case, you can open it up then start the computer and check to see if all your cooling fans are running. If they're working, shut the computer down and while you've got it open, you can do a little clean up. If you've got a vacuum cleaner, gently brushing dusty surfaces with a soft bristle brush while holding the vacuum nozzle nearby is helpful or use dry cotton swabs for harder to reach areas. Fan blades and the air intake and outflow areas of your case are the most needy spots for periodic cleaning.

Are you getting any error messages before it shuts off or when you try to reboot?

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Egads a vacum inide a compter , from what I've been told the vacum can build static electricity down the hose and transfer it to the board . This could be a bad thing. Someone correct me if I've been led astray.

I keep the vacum at distance to suck up the dust and use compressed air to blow it out .
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Indeed, I didn't mean to imply touching any part of the motherboard or any other surface with the hose...just hold it above the area where you're dusting.

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
hamburger

There aren't any error message being display, Karma. The computer just stop completely. It seem to happen alot during wave 13 - 15. Rarely on early waves. And when alot of monsters are together while I was viewing another player dancing.

Which application do I click to check the temperature?

This does stop me from reaching over 10k score. Got 9k plus on wave 14.

:bounce: :cat:
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

usually it will have a listing in the bios showing current temp , by the time you get back to the bios it will have cooled some but will still be hot .

other then that there are numerous after market prgrams , not all will work with all machines , sorta depends on ur rig .

Speedfan is popular but there are numerous others .
speedfan

LOL Karma just wanted to specify do not use the brisel brush on the vacum.
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

It could possibly be the videocard getting too warm, usually the fans are harder to verify that they are working.

What I use is a shop vac that has the detachable motor so I can use it as a blower, you wouldn't believe the dust that comes out of the machine when I do this. I try to do it 4X a year to keep thing in tip top shape.

If you have a filter in the front of the case (antec sonata), be sure to clean it also.

Good luck hamburger, hope you find whats causing your problem.
hamburger

I will have to ask my brother to open up the case.

:cheers:
Marbles
Pro but Noob

could be dirty airblow it out
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM