Erik_Red aimbotting!

Talk about anything UT2004 related
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

To repeal a UTAN ban, you need to see this site:
http://www.xraygaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

If anything, you can tell your friend that he owes you ten bucks to get a new UT game.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

what is that site supposed to do for me
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Probably nothing, because if you read the sticky about appealing bans they state quite plainly that:
There is no excuse to have aimbots installed on your system, if we find evidence of a cheat on your system don't expect the ban to be removed.
In other words, "My friend did it" is not a valid excuse.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Erik_Red

I think it is a valid excuse because he is the one who got it he saved to a travel drive and brought to my house. He wanted to show me how it works I told him not to put on my pc but he did after he left i deleted the software so I still think it is unfair that I suffer for his mistake
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

He doesn't sound like much of a friend, but you made some mistakes also. You allowed him to install it and then you or he went around to several servers and used it.

But posting here is going to get you nowhere. You were banned on another server. They submitted the ban to UTAN. We enforce UTAN bans, hence you are banned here. Therefore, you must get the ban lifted from UTAN.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Erik_Red

how do I request for my ban to be lifted on utan.

I went there and it said that if you see this message (the pic of the message is shown) you have been banned by utan but i dont get that message when I go on your server all it says is your IP adress has been banned from this server
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Regardless of what Spam Vikings says when you try to log on, you have been UTAN banned. It is a global ban and is in affect on all UT2k4 servers worldwide that run and support the UTAN client.

As to getting your ban lifted, it's already been stated that "it's my friend's fault" is not a valid excuse for having botter software installed on your machine. You, however, are at fault for allowing your "friend" to access your UT install. It is now your reponsibility to take care of the situation you allowed to happen. You can try to appeal the ban, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that it won't be lifted. Or, you can request your "friend" be a responsible dude and get him to buy you a new copy of UT. Or, if he's not a stand up kind of guy, you can go buy your own new copy of UT. I can't strongly enough stress that you should not, under any circumstances, share CD keys or software. As you have seen, your so-called friend has now made your life more complicated than it needed to be by his actions.

DW>KarmaKat
SV-ServerAdmin
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Erik_Red

is it that you cant unban me or is it that you wont, also what does word wide ban mean
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

They don't have access to the UTAN ban... UTAN does.

World Wide ban means that you are now banned from all servers that are UTAN clients.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW Clan Member

I must ask you a question!
Erik_Red wrote:is it that you cant unban me or is it that you wont, also what does word wide ban mean
Does it matter? You act as if your were helpless, you were not and I must say to you, if I were the admin on Spam Vikings I would not, simply because of the way you are acting and refusing to take any responsibility for the situation that occurred. Sir we all have choices to make in this world each and every day, many of them do not have immediate consequences, some do. This so happens to be the consequence.

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY