Weapon Removal Mutator For UT2k4

Talk about anything UT2004 related
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

Is there a mutator flying around which allows you to disable a certain weapon? I get pi$$ed off enough on SV when the bots wreck all the raptors and scorps and mantas with AVRiLs, which are hard to avoid because of the bots' perfect lock-ons, then when I go onto instant action I get spam spam spam of AVRiLs from 10-15 bots :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: can anyone help?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Join Spam Vikings instead ;)

That'll take care of your avril problem because now players are smart enough to lock a missile on ya when the missile is inches away from ya...then you got shock beams for the raptors, rockets for scorpions, and flak/grenades for the Goliaths.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I am in a permanent predicament that I have limited time each day to go on Internet Games (when my dad's not home) becuase it spams up my old, useless router (which BT forgot to replace :angryfire: ) and my dad then has no internet :(

So I want to make offline as fun as possible... I have Ballistic weapons but i prefer the original weapons on ONS, apart from spammy AVRiL.
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

You could always turn on the AMRiL mutator, which I presume is still in your mutator list for your Invasion setup. Otherwise I could just code you one, in which case which weapon would you want to replace it with, or do you just want to get rid of it?
Jon!
1337 Haxor

I would just want to get rid of it, which I presume is not a problem because of the rocket launcher filling up the slot. And as long as it wouldn't be getting in the way doing the coding, go ahead! Ty!

Oh and I never managed to get the AMRiL etc to play ball, and the druids upgrade doesn't even work when you turn on the mutator. It's not perfect but it's good.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

You can do the old fashion way & play maps without AVRILS
or hack into the map and remove them.

FFE466

true, but I will have to re-save it as ONS-XXX-NA or something as no avrils otherwise I'll get mismatches when some noobs vote for the original '04 maps... easy enough. Just wondering will it be obvious how to get the avrils out of the lockers?
Jon!
1337 Haxor

could someone tell me an easy way to quickly remove weapons from all lockers in a level? I can't even find a zoom button let alone edit the maps!
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

There's no zoom button.

In the top, front or side views
Hold both mouse buttons down and move the mouse to zoom.
Hold the left mouse button and move the mouse to move N,S,W,E.

In the dynamic light view (the one that looks like the actual level)
Hold both mouse buttons down and move the mouse to move the camera up or down.
Hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse to pan/fly the camera around.

You have to remove the Wep from each locker

The easiest way to find wep lockers is to click the button that looks like a pair of binoculars. A search for actors window should come up. In the name field start typing weapon and this will narrow the search field. Once you have the wep lockers listed, double click on the name of one and then single click in one of the viewports (top or dynamic light is probably the easiest).

NOTE: Leave the search window open (you can drag it out of your way if needed)
This should snap the camera to that weapon locker actor (you may have to zoom) and select it (will be a different color). Next either double click the actor in the viewport or right click it and select properties from the pop up menu. In the properties window click WeaponLocker (at the bottom), then Weapons, then the line with ONSAVRiL in it, then the delete button.
NOTE: Leave this properties window open too.
Now, back in the search window double click on the next weapon locker in the list --> this should select this locker and its properties will open in the properties window you left open. Repeat above steps to remove Avrils from all lockers.

You shouldn't have to rebuild the map but remember to saveas to a new name.

I think I should have just wrote you a mutator -- it would have been quicker than this post
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Dang, Brain beat me to that post...oh well. Allow me to propose a new method then.

Why not toughen up and find new ways to avoid the AVRIL attacks. When flying in a raptor, are you flying up high or are you using terrain for shelter? For Mantas, do you move as fast as you can or do you time it right & jump over the missile at the right moment.

I'm saying that what the most effective way to remove your annoyance of the Avril is to adapt to it. Chances are that peeps will not stop using it online, and who knows, maybe even you'll learn to use it and appreciate it, too ;)

Give it a shot because sometimes removal isn't the answer.

FFE466