Connecting to Monster Mash

Talk about anything UT2004 related
Watty
Pro but Noob
Xfire: theflyingwatty

Hey,
One of my fellow kite flying friends got UT2004 a couple of days ago. The problem is that he is on a mac. When trying to connect to the Monster Mash servers, he gets an error message saying something like:Connection lost Druid RPG or something like that.
So I had him restart UT... did not work
I had him clear his cache... did not work
I had him find the Druid RPG file in his system folder... it did not exist on his computer

He says that he cannot connect to any Invasion server, he could not connect to Spam Vikings (some problem about a missing patch), but he was able to connect to death match servers.

If anyone out there is running UT on a mac and has gotten past these issues, you could be of great help!

Lemme know what you think.
~Watty
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Is he running version 3369?

If he doesn't, try downloading the latest patch through this link: 3369 Patch
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Watty wrote:he gets an error message saying something like:Connection lost Druid RPG or something like that...

...I had him find the Druid RPG file in his system folder... it did not exist on his computer
If this still happens after patching you could get him to download Druid RPG from the web but that could give a version miss-match, if it does just delete it and if not it should fix that problem.. I manually installed RPG and I run fine.. for now.
Watty
Pro but Noob
Xfire: theflyingwatty

DW_Ant wrote:Is he running version 3369?

If he doesn't, try downloading the latest patch through this link: 3369 Patch
I did send hi a link to download it, but I'm not sure if he has installed it yet. I'll keep you up to date as I learn more.
~Watty
jkammueller
Killer in Training

I had a similar problem on my vanilla Snow Leopard install for a p5q Deluxe motherboard based Hackintosh 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo with 6GB RAM and a XFX AMD Radeon HD 4850 1GB video card. I am running a Mac DVD (used updated installer to install via Snow Leopard with DVD inserted) version 3189 --> 3369 --> 3369.2 install for anyone who cares. lol. I could not connect to any invasion server at all so I deleted the entire Unreal Tournament 2004 folder located at: /Users/User/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004 since my log-in user name is User and now it works! :-) For example: If your log-in user name is Unreal, then you would delete the entire Unreal Tournament folder located at: /Users/Unreal/Library/Application Support/Unreal Tournament 2004. The folder will reappear when you run UT2004 so you can reset all of your settings to defaults and set them to what you need them to be. After reconfiguring your settings, try reconnecting. It should work now. Hope this helps someone. Send me a message if it does or doesn't work or even 2 say hi and see u all on the monster mash - Chicago servers! :-) By the way, I'm actually SpitFire85 not jkammueller on Monster Mash - Chicago.
rimmer59
Killer in Training

Cuz...fix the probs and let me whomp ur butt. LONG LIVE <{CTC}>
rimmer59-LONG LIVE