Modifications

Talk about anything UT2004 related
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Decided to modify the thread since I'm on a kick here, first post will be updated with further progress as things get done, etc.

----

Weapon: AV Spider Mine Layer
Description: The Anti-Vehicle Spider Mine Layer deploys Spider Mines with enhanced mobility and detection capabilities. Gone are the days when Spider Mines were equipped with indiscriminate IFF sensors which would cause the mines to ruthlessly attack low-priority targets such as enemy footsoldiers. AV Mines have a wide-angle electromagnetic sensors that quickly identify high-threat energy signatures while filtering out small-scale weaponry or cybernetic life forms.

Functionality: The AV Mines seek enemy vehicles relentlessly, delivering a large explosive charge on contact. Fast-moving tournament vehicles moving at top speed will outdistance the mines, necessitating that they be placed strategically in areas where enemy vehicles may be forced to slow down. Against heavy support vehicles it is recommended that the mines be placed under cover or otherwise protected from explosive shells so that they will not be destroyed before they can deliver their charge.

AV Mines sensors do not identify enemy footsoldiers and the AV mines will not actively attack enemies on foot, but those unlucky enough to come into direct contact with a mine will find that its contact-triggered explosive charge is equally deadly to footsoldiers as to vehicles.

In addition, the AV Spider Mine Layer has been improved to utilize magnetic propulsion in the main stock to facilitate wider dispersal of AV Mines.

Other Notes: Unchanged DPS, no longer target locked vehicles.

Custom Models/Texture/Sounds/Other: (Unnecessary?)
Author: Me

----

Weapon: EON Grenade Launcher
Description: The EON Corporation Grenade Launcher greatly resembles the MGG Corporation weapon, which they recently acqured in a merger. EON performed many rudimentary improvements to the weapon including improving the barrel velocity of grenades and fixing a faulty detonation trigger. Apparently the manufacturing process for the weapon typically resulted in models whose barrel and detonation triggers became coated in the magneto-adhesive substance used on the grenades themselves, causing both firing and detonation to be sluggish and unresponsive.

Functionality: The EON Grenade Launcher fires slightly faster and propels its projectiles faster than its MGG counterpart. The delay of detonation is greatly reduced, nearly eliminated. The explosive charge on the grenades has been proportionally decreased to offset the faster rate of fire, maintaining the same Damage Per Second ratio of earlier models while improving the weapon's performance in short and mid-range combat.

Custom Models/Texture/Sounds/Other: (Might want to change the explosion to something less generic?)
Author: Me

---

ToDo:

BioLauncher
Shieldgun(?)

Locust Hoverboard by Gel -> Modify hovering properties
Battlebikes by Monarch -> Modify driving and jumping characteristics
Badger Mini Tank Skin (?)
Turrets - ChainGunTurret, ShockTurret (?)