Tank aim off?

Talk about anything UT2004 related
Purity_the_Kitty
1337 Haxor

I remember the mantas in the original demo...you probably couldn't hit me now, if I had one of those, but back when I first tried it I was like "how the hell can anyone drive this?!" it was just so unpredictable, and it overcompensated...but it was crazy!

I actually like what they're doing with the tank and hope it stays in 2007.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Any weapon that fires from a long barrel should have good accuracy, especially for short range. Long range i can see some shifting, but the projectile should land pretty much where it was aimed at.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

NO no no no!!!!...

-- One of the bigest Tank Whore in the history of history .. I grew up with him .. watching him .. spectating him .. -- his name was FAGMOND -- that guy would hit you with a tank no mater what..while moving ,, while spining the damrn!! TANK.. But yeah .. Im talking about november 2004 i dont remember but the thing is .. We were playing DEMO!!.. -- The first Demo Version for UT2k4 ..

--Well .. I tried to fallow his steps and learned a bit how to aim and some tricks with those thanks back then .. still on that Demo Version ...

--And here we have it.. A patch for the Demo came up .. and if you didnt install it.. You couldn't play anymore on any server..(still demo) so .. It was a must install .. So we all did....--

--The first thing .. the first thing I Noticed a lot.. was that.. MY extremly acurate Tank Shots.. before that patch .. were way off .. now.. The TANK AIM BECAME STUPID STUPID .. STUPID ... SINCE THAT DAY and it is still like that to to this day ..

And this is because.. bEFORE.. you could put the cursor aiming at a node at 3/4 of a mile away .. and leave it there and you would hit it every single time.. untill you took it down.. AND now!! .. even if you dont move the aim cursor of the damn tanks.. And just keep on shoothing .. IT will shoot to wherever the tank WANTS!! .. iT just wont respect the pointing of the aiming cursor... THATS A VERY SUCKY thing. That they did with the tanks.. ( not only tanks ) ever since I remember... Bak then .. thats where this problem has his roots..

I think this shouldnt happen.. I think this wont even happen in real life.. and I hate that about tanks.. Takes extra extra extra skill.. or No wait even if you got the skill at aiming where the shell must hit.. it just wont.. so .. any way you see it .. they freaked up the tanks.. since ever then.. .

FAK!
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

The first thing that people tend to forget is that this is not real life, it is a game.

The goal of the patches is not only to fix bugs, but to correct what Epic feels are game imbalances. Thus, you have much less manuverability in Mantas and Raptors. Thus you have less than perfect aiming in the tank.

Like it or not, most of these things are done on purpose, to fix what Epic feels are imbalances. As they have seen people get better and better with these vehicles, they see that in some circumstances, it creates an unfair situation, where if you know "this guy" gets that tank up there, the game is over....well, not if we purposely make the aiming less than 100%.

It's all about evening out the imbalances. As much as I hated the lack of manuverability in the patched mantas and raptors, I know that if they left them like that, there would be rampant manta whoring, and you would have people running around the whole match in the same Manta, never getting shot down, going wicked sick every time.

Rich (TW)
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- Well . ..

- Seen from that point is very true.. --

I just hated when .. ''the guy'' gets the tank '' behind there'' and everybody felt like agg.. the game is over.. and it was just that tank guy killing everyone.. just increasing his frag stats. . Thats so true.. now that Toxic brought that point up ... to remember .. and also yeah the.. guy who took the manda and got wicked sick every darn match .. and you coulndt just take his manta out with the avril .. tha was just .. everyone hated those whores.. But still there were nice .. really skilled whores.. :) ...
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
Jackal
Killer in Training

I like being a whore. It takes lots of practice to be a really good one. With or without the patches I'm still good at it.

Ask your girlfriend...haha.
Kraken
Killer in Training

How's that song go....

I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere I go
People know the part I'm playing...

:compress: :compress: :compress:
Purity_the_Kitty
1337 Haxor

Then there's mine...

I am ninja,
we are ninja,
he is ninja too...

they are ninja
she is ninja...

and I believe that you are ninja too!

P.S. next time look under the tank. There are ninjas there. (so far I've only pulled it off on a friendly tank, but I'm totally killing someone with it tomorrow night). ;)
DW_damn_weasel
1337 Haxor

Maybe you guys can ask Vic, damm he is a tank whore, I don't know how he does it, but he got me on manta, raptor or whaterver...you name it, I think he live there.
He's is trully a tank whore, just look at his stats, i'ts around 13K killing on the Levi.
:angryfire: Hate it...but it's fun...:angryfire:
Code_of_Life
Killer in Training

Dont forget the tank blanks.
By blanks I mean when you aim at players close to the tank and fire, you hear the sound, but dont see the shell hit anything or see any dust. The players are unscathed too.

Some sort of bug I guess when the game is laggy.