Unstoppable Lachrimae - My First UT2004 Frag Vid!

Talk about anything UT2004 related
Tichinde925
Killer in Training
Xfire: tichinde925

Just posting this here since its the only UT forum it has not touched yet :P

I am not a video editor, so dont expect anything fancy yo.

Just enjoy the music that I combined together :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Zv3eqWT1Q[/youtube]
t4z
Killer in Training

i was totally in that video, dying, but still in there
Thwart
1337 Haxor

I don't typically like "Frag" videos as they usually bore me, because they seem to be made solely to brag/show-off. :sdull:
And for the reason as you post your video "here since its the only UT forum it has not touched yet," that removes any doubt of mine that there is any point to this at all. May I say spam?

HOWEVER, I surprisingly did enjoy this video upon the first time watching it. Though, it probably has to do more with the trailer music that went along so well with the deaths for being the reason why I did. The editing and synchronizing of some of the action with the music was nice, and for that I have to say you did a good job.

At the end of the video, I then thought maybe this video was constructed to express your gratitude to the game as you wrote, "Many thanks to the ut2004 community for keeping the game fun for 7 years." So maybe this isn't entirely pointless, so I will have to take back some of what I said above as this video actually makes me want to play more in the TAM/freon server.
I hope to see you in there sometime so I can give you a couple of Headshots. :stongue:

I also hope you plan to use this forum beyond than just promoting yourself.
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
Tichinde925
Killer in Training

I browse all UT2004 forums occasionally and post here and there. Except for the non-english UT forums. I just found these forums yesterday, did not know about it.

Its like the majority of the outside population has no idea UT2004 exists and asks about UT3 instead.

I just wish developers would go back to the movement, speed, unrealistic weapons, powerups, etc. of Quake/Unreal than the slow moving realistic fps shooters of today.

---

About the vid, I only made it because the song "E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable" had UT written all over it. Because of the slow part near the middle of the song, I had to combine it with Audiomachine's Lachrimae. To me, since I was the one editing the audio, the audio split did not sound right to me lol so I had to ask others what they thought of it. They couldn't tell that the song was split/combined.

And of course, the song was not overplayed / most peeps have not heard it before unlike the #1 Frag vid Song: Drowning Pool's "Bodies."

I know that UT2004 is "dying" as the population has been getting less and less over the years. So I just had to thank everyone in this community for still playing the game.

Of course, haters will be haters, it had to be TAM/Freon as my skill in DM/TDM/CTF is just not up to par for a frag vid.
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

How the hell you switch weapon so fast?! Is it the video frame-per-sec that is accelerated or you are using some kind of cheat to switch weapon faster?
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
Tichinde925
Killer in Training

Everything you are watching is from a demorec.

Weapon switching is not 1:1 on demos.

Demorec for 30 secs then go back and view your weapon switching.
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

LOL I wish!

My demo rec never worked on my UT with the 3369 patch (but it actually work without the patch). You can't imagine the number of hours I lost in Google trying to find a fix for this, but no luck. I'm using fraps instead and it doesn't increase the video speed.

BTW nice water pistol LOL :P
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
Malroth
Killer in Training

Thats one great feature about this game that I love, Weapons switch fast. Other 1st person shooters are slowwww compared to UT04.