What does your hardware interface look like?

Talk about anything UT2004 related
zeus
1337 Haxor

What are you guys (and girls for kk and sg) using to play?

I got a Nostromo N52 for christmas. I tried using it for about a week, but I found it very uncomfortable. So, now it just sits around gathering dust.

Right now I am just using the keyboard and mouse that came with the box. However, the mouse is still of the ball variety and it is not the most accurate. So, I am thinking about upgrading to an optical mouse. Any recommendations out there?
Bean
1337 Haxor

I had no clue what a Nostromo N52 was and looked it up. It looks very uncomfortable. As for myself, I have a Saitek keyboard and a Logitech G5 gaming mouse. I really enjoy the mouse because it has a place to add weights to adjust the "feel" to my needs. It was a little hard to get used to, but once I got the weight the way I like, I really enjoy it!

How could you not use an optical mouse? I've always had problems with the stupid ball in the old mouse's catching etc. because they get so dirty so quickly.
DW_Wraith
DW Clan Member

I use a logitech MX wireless laser mouse on both my computers. I have an ergodex DX1 gamepad for gaming. They are not cheap, but so versatile. www.ergodex.com.

Before that I had tried the nostromo, and hated it. I went back the keyboard before finding the DX1.
DW_Hornet
DW Clan Member

Keyboard some logitech internet crap. Mouse MX500 from logitech, thinking bout getting the razer diamondback.
zeus
1337 Haxor

Bean wrote:
How could you not use an optical mouse? I've always had problems with the stupid ball in the old mouse's catching etc. because they get so dirty so quickly.
That is why I am looking for suggestions.. ;) It is driving me crazy. It is hard to line up any kind of finesse (sniper) shot. Hell, even clicking on a node to respawn can be difficult.
zeus
1337 Haxor

DW_Wraith wrote:I use a logitech MX wireless laser mouse on both my computers. I have an ergodex DX1 gamepad for gaming. They are not cheap, but so versatile. www.ergodex.com.

Before that I had tried the nostromo, and hated it. I went back the keyboard before finding the DX1.
DOH! You are right.. Those are not cheap! lol.. Probably more than I want to spend. I am relatively happy with a decent keyboard. I use a custom layout anyways. Which I need to change. My UT99 needs are different than my UT2004 - Onslaught needs.
KarnEvil9
1337 Haxor

Altho it may not be of any help, any input is better than none. I use a n50 and it's about more than I need for what I am able to do. Just got it when I started to play online...not long. Not sure why you find yours uncomfortable. The only problem I had was the interface wouldn't load the premade profiles, just as well though, I 'd of changed them anyway. The key pad thingy looks cool although it does seem a little big for the space I have here. With the armchair a surfboard, mouse and the n50 I can almost (and have) fall asleep playing! I'm still getting this thing broke in, seems the more I play the softer the controls get, but Zeus if ya find something lemme know. Just the keyboard drives me crazy. This seems to be workin out so far for me, but any input is better than none. I still need all the edge I kin git jez ta keep up wit ya!!! LOL
Big Fun,..Unreal,..Spam Viking Addicted?..BigTime!!
zeus
1337 Haxor

Well, not only is the N52 not shapped correctly for my hands, but the keys are very ... "hard??". I don't know, it is tough to explain. I have been using computers for 25 years now (since I could walk) and being a CS student really kicked in the RSI. Playing UT does not help at all. So, I am pretty picky about my keyboards.
KarnEvil9
1337 Haxor

I understand, I'm not torn up about this one but for me it beats the keyboard. I think we're all still searching for that perfect interface. I aways try to keep my eyes and (what littles left of) my mind open. Those little keys are cute though....just not sure they are that cute$.KE
Big Fun,..Unreal,..Spam Viking Addicted?..BigTime!!
zeus
1337 Haxor

Well, it looks like I am down to the Razer Diamondback or Copperhead or the Logitech G5 or MX518.

So many choices... :D

I am sure sure that I am sold on the tilt click of the scroll wheel of the G5. Though the adjustable weight may be nice.