Teamspeak,...Ventrillo ..

Talk about anything UT2004 related
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

I did find it inreresting that no one reallly tryed to defend or promote TS
KE, I do have to provide one bit of defense....the DW Public TS server doesn't seem to be plagued difficulties as does the SVA one. However, I have to qualify that with the fact that the most number of people I've seen/heard on the DW Pub at one time has been 7.

I don't know if we play around with the codecs if that will help at all.
Zeus, Bryan and BCVisin did a bit of that initially. We're currently using the Speex 25.9 Kbit codec. Maybe we can try one of the GSM codecs tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Still looking at all the angles....

KKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Chavez
Pro but Noob

My oppinion about this:

Ventrilo: Good sound quality, but it's always bitching around here, i have a mixpanel with other sound periphirals connected to my PC, and as soon as i use Vent, i have to disconnect it and change my volume settings. (If you don't know what i mean by Sound Periphirals, click here to see my setup)

Teamspeak: Medium sound quality, and easy to use, you install it and it's ready to go. Never had trouble with it. Also something neat is that there's awesome 3rd party tools on their forums made by TS fans (like TS Admin client, etc). I never have to change any settings before i can use it efficiently.

Personal preference goes to Teamspeak for it's wide compatibility, low memory usage, high tolerance and friendly UI.
WHIPperSNAPper
1337 Haxor

I think I prefer Teamspeak since, for me, it does a good job with voice-activation. However, I can't say that I'm real familiar with Ventrilo since I've only been using it for a couple weeks.