Touch and go node building_hate to ask

Talk about anything UT2004 related
Arienrhode
Killer in Training

I never really saw the point of building nodes. I mean, if you build one chances are some ass on the other team is just gona come along and take it down right?
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

To me nodes are first..

U get there.. you start em you Stay! and build em .. (unless your playing alone .. then you have to move.. and I mean playing alone when your teamates wont defend or attack critical nodes and instead go DM-ing to a locked node or get lost in the map )

You go to the enemy's you shoot at it once..(so no one will spawn there) take down the defenders.. and keep on hiting the node.. If the damn node is too welly defended.. or you are very well hidden .. just go for damaging the node.. the more you can .. ..

Critical nodes You defend them ..and get them .. with all you got..

onS Game rules are easy ...
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
kryphos
DW Clan Member

Ooh so much to comment on so little time:
I guess I'll just give my take on linking.

If I get to a node and I'm all alone, on a 32 man server I'm pretty much guarnteed that I'm gonna get smacked down before I finish linking. So I link for like a few seconds and get ready for incoming. When I'm linking and a group of friends is near, I let em link because usually I can protect them better than they can protect me. This sometimes backfires on me because they don't link either, then I go to link and get promptly squished by a manta.

I think people need to take more pride in linking. It takes a lot of skill to be able to build a node under fire. Also when you are linking remember that staying alive is really important, so do hop around and move left and right. Also learn to move in ways that help the links not break. When you have multiple links on you remember that the shaft in your hands is quite strong grasshoppa! Don't be shy about fending off on comers with your link. A triple link shaft will take out a manta in a few seconds. Make sure you know the range of the link shaft. When you see someone linking stop by give em a link, or just lay down some cover fire.

Then there's some nodes just not worth linking. Like that locked node in deserted sands. Besides there are tactical times when you should not waste time linking. If the node does not provode extra attack or defense options leave it and move on. If you are totally overwhelmed at a node, there's little point in trying to link it. Move away and draw fire away from the node and cause as much interference as possible. Tricky is sometimes so frustrating for me, because there is really no reason why the primary should be down. But sometimes people just won't link it...grr!

Finally 3 is the magic number. When you need to build a node 3 linkers can get it up even under fire. Even on bitchslap. So that means on a 16 man team there can be at least 10 other guys giving cover and also replenishing linkers as they are taken out. Thats really important, I often see linkers taken out and nobody step in to take their place. The cover fire also needs to be intelligent. No point trying to kill mantas if the tank gonna smack us all down. Assess threats and engage accordingly.

On a general point, in onslaught always keep the objective in mind. If your objective is to build a node stick to it and see it through. If your objective is to destroy a node, its the same. Remember, you better be building nodes, destroying nodes or on the way to doing one of those.
Kryphos a.k.a DW>K
choose your path: The way of peace or the way of WAR
only one destination: TOTAL ANNIHILATION!
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

--- Oh for darkness Kingdom!! --

What faraway forums were thy solid truly wise words of wisdom enrichening my dear admirable Mr K , while this one was in such a hunger for them ? --

Daray ...
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==