Major PL on one hop

Report any issues or suggestions here. Intermittent lag happens, so don't report it unless it is excessive
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

I found it , I actually stored it away took some digging . Routing your IP >Here it is .

Yes you can force yourself to go through other routers. This used to be a big problem in the early nineties for the net and I used to do it a lot. Mostly on Linux, but Windows works the same way.

If you know the destination IP and a good router that will bypass the problem router then you need to do:

route add (destinationIP) MASK 255.255.255.255 (gatewayIP)

put a -p before add if you want the route entry to stick around after reboots. You can always do ROUTE PRINT to see what your table looks like.

If you make mistakes you will have to do ROUTE DELETE commands to remove bad entries form the table before adding new ones. It's just a good way to do things.

If you do a route -f then you may have to disable and re-enable your net card adapter. It all depends, I haven't played with this a lot in the past few years.

The best is to do entries without -p then do the traceroutes (use -d on a traceroute to get quicker results with no dns names only IPs) then once you find a good gateway that won't pass through your problem router do it with -p. Keep a log of what you do in text files, doa tracert, add a route entry do another tracert.

You'll have to do an entry for every IP you want to access for example vent and UT and the UT redirect.

If you want, send us all the IPs you want to re-route and we can all do a tracert (ip) and send you the results so you will have more gateways to try out.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Dan
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Im gonna try that thanks.

Since the new server I haven't had any problems I could catch. That one hop is gone least for now.

Other thing im gonna do is try fooling with some of my settings like TTL and such and see if I can tweek it in more. I have a D-links router so I went ahead and set the Game fuel option again to see if that helps at all. It didnt seem to do anything for me before besides keep my ping steady I thought.

wp