Questions about the new site?? Please post 'em here!

Post any issues or suggestions you may have with the website or forums here.
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

We hope you're enjoying the site upgrade!

If you have any questions about how stuff works, please post them in this thread and we'll answer them to the best of our abilities!! Thanks!

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

I have a couple of questions that I meant to ask during the testing period, but it's just as well that I didn't because I think it might help other users if they were answered here.

1. Can you explain the difference between sending a "PM" and sending a "quick message" (while viewing a users profile). Is a "quick message" more like an online chat (specifically if you check the "Show a popup when a new message arrives" check box in your IM mail box settings)?

2. Does a "quick message" automatically establish a "connection" with that user?

3. In your profile under connections > manage connections there is also a tab for "manage actions". What are "actions" and what are they used for?

-BP :faroah:
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Marbles
Pro but Noob

I am sorry to say but the old look was better.
MMA>Marbles
MMA>Marbles_WM
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Marbles wrote:I am sorry to say but the old look was better.
That's not a question. (you can answer the poll on the home page)
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Skittles
Site Admin

:scratch:
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

BrainPan wrote:I have a couple of questions that I meant to ask during the testing period, but it's just as well that I didn't because I think it might help other users if they were answered here.

1. Can you explain the difference between sending a "PM" and sending a "quick message" (while viewing a users profile). Is a "quick message" more like an online chat (specifically if you check the "Show a pop up when a new message arrives" check box in your IM mail box settings)?

2. Does a "quick message" automatically establish a "connection" with that user?

3. In your profile under connections > manage connections there is also a tab for "manage actions". What are "actions" and what are they used for?

-BP :faroah:
First let me start by saying that the whole profile area is a work in progress , we are definitely waiting on stuff to come out . Your profile here at DW is linked directly to your name , ie you can find brain at clandw.org/brainpan as an example .

1. Not really a lot of difference except by the way it's handled . With a private message you will be able to select multiple recipients , Quick message is just an easy way of shooting someone a note . PM's you have the use of smilies ,font color along with some other settings , QM you don't .

2. No a quick message does not automatically establish a connection

3. the action tab is not used for much of anything right now . give it some time I'll give you something to do with that tab along with some more.
Can't make everyone happy I guess, didn't think we would . What exactly doesn't appeal to you .
-goose-
Camper

Red is just a really bad color for text - causes lots of eye strain. It's ok for the logo and background, but I wouldn't use it as the base color for text on the main sight. Other than that, the design is really nice.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Like in any changes, I get lost at first.

It'll just take me a week or so to get use to of this new format.

I love the new appearance :D

One thing I did notice is spell check when replying to forums! Yay, my English will weaken once again :P
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Xfire: redeemermma

I like the fact that my post count is correct. :cheers:

I still say I like the new layout.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'm venturing into this new cave over here & I stumbled over a few questions:

ShoutBox
1. Can we make it scroll automatically?

2. How can we view shout history?

3. How can we edit/delete our comments we made in the ShoutBox?

Forums
1. Beside the spell check, more color options, more HTML coding available, is there anything new we should be aware of??

2. Do you mind if I test out this "attachment" feature (I see on the bottom of the reply screen?) here??

3. Is it possible to "refresh" or add options to a poll you've done awhile ago??

1. What is the "group" system. Is it like a "FaceBook" group feature, or is it more proper than that?

2. Foe list?? What is this for??

3. How can I tell who list me (friendly or foe...ly)?

4. Where can we find stats for the website?

Don't take me wrong, I love this new site. Looks better (maybe if we could tweak the colors a bit then it'll be perfect), layout is improved (I got the hang of this :D, & it seems to be much faster than the other one (or maybe it's that I switched to firefox this weekend :P )

GJ to those who helped with this site :cheers:
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466