New Gallery

Post any issues or suggestions you may have with the website or forums here.
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Added a new Gallery to the site . Should work better then the last . Look under user menu on the front page . Still going to be some tweaking going on with it . Having some issues with the login and logout button being there , just don't use them . Go back the way you came . :blackeye: .

Let us know if you have any question or problems .
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin

Little bit more to be said about this .

This is a gallery for all of our registered users . You will have to create a album to get you started . You can create up to five different albums if you like to keep things neat and tidy , organize it however you want . You only have access to your gallery and albums .

Comments can be made and pictures can be rated .

You can use the gallery to show picts of whatever you like , your favorite screen shots , pictures of you , things you like to do or would just like to share . Always keep it appropriate , if you abuse this you will loose your privileges .

Also added a new module that you can view the most recently added pictures in your profile on the home page . Clicking the pictures will take you to the gallery .
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

This is nice! I love the format on the new gallery. Two questions though:

How do I upload?

Where do I post the comments?
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

To upload to the gallery login at the home page clandw.org . Make your way to the gallery using the user menu . You should see a screen similar to the pict below , click on upload file .
Image If this is your first time to the gallery it is going to prompt you to create an album , You should be able to create up to 5 albums . It will lead you to a screen like this. Click on New , then edit the name in the field below . Then click apply modifications .
Image After you have created atleast one album it will lead you to a screen like this . Just click browse and look for the file you want . Open it and click continue on the bottom .
Image The final step is placing the photo in the album and giving it any tags you want . Placing it in a album is mandatory or you will have to start over
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Bomzin and I were going through this the other day. It can be slightly confusing at first, but it's not too hard.

To create an album:

1. Under user menu (on front page) click gallery
2. click on create/order album - this brings you to the album manage screen
3. click the new button and rename your album
4. click apply modifications and then OK - your album is being created
5. click continue - this should bring you back to the gallery home page (your album is now created)

To upload a pic:

1. click the upload file button
2. browse to choose your file(s)
3. click continue - it should say if it was successful or not
4. click continue again - now you can place your file in whichever album you want (your albums)
5. select an album from the drop down, add a title, add a description, add keywords (title, description and keywords are optional)
6. click continue - should say it was placed successfully
7. click continue - should bring you back to gallery home (your pic should show up in the recently added list)

if you click on the My Gallery button you will see all your albums and can do many things (sort your pics, set permissions, add/modify titles descriptions etc., move pics between albums, and a lot more).

Hope this helps.

-BP
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

How do I log in?

Every time I log in through the home page then I click on gallery, it logs me out of the home page.

FFE466

So your loging in at clandw.org , then clicking user menu and gallery . It should show you logged in , in the gallery .

Is it sending you to a logout page ?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Now it's working...

Before I entered the gallery it just asked to 'log in' in the upper right corner. When I Logged in from the home page then jumped into the gallery immediately it worked. Maybe I shouldn't have sit in the home page for an extended period of time lol.

FFE466

Yes of you sit on the home page for to long without activity , it will log you out , although you still show as login , if you were to refresh your page you would see yourself logged out .
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Hey I figured it out! Thanks Bomzin!

FFE466