Respawn Exploit bug

All things related to the UT3 RPG Monster Mash 3 server
wzzupp548
Killer in Training
Xfire: necrovamp

I've been playing on this server for awhile. This is a bug I have seen abused many times. Once a person dies, they leave and immediately rejoin the server and get to respawn and play in the same round. I'm not sure if its a big deal, but it seems kinda unfair. I was just wondering If we can expect this bug to be fixed. However, If I am the only one complaining about it, just let me know, and I won't say another word.
wzzupp548
Killer in Training

It has been brought to my attention that this can be unintentional. As soon as I finished posting this message, I alt-tabbed back into unreal tournament 3. Form then on after I die about 20 seconds later I get kicked for idling and have to rejoin.
The 2 things I remember doing while this was happening were adjusting my skills, and alt-tabbing.

These 2 bugs may go hand in hand, and people leaving and rejoining may just be a big misunderstanding on my part.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

wzzupp548 wrote:I've been playing on this server for awhile. This is a bug I have seen abused many times. Once a person dies, they leave and immediately rejoin the server and get to respawn and play in the same round. I'm not sure if its a big deal, but it seems kinda unfair. I was just wondering If we can expect this bug to be fixed. However, If I am the only one complaining about it, just let me know, and I won't say another word.
This is not a bug, glitch or whatsoever. The people who do this, good for them, sometimes I do it too, if I die on my low lvl wm or so, and noone has died yet. Give a good reason why this should be fixed?
Baklap007

It's probably the kicking for being idle when youre dead becouse i always get kicked 20-30 seconds after i die.
and has anyone a fix for this becouse it is really annoying to rejoin every time you die.
DW_5CitiesButcher
DW Clan Member
Xfire: 5CitiesButcher

As for the dying and rejoining bug. That may be true but what has happened to me today is I die and then get kicked for idling and have to rejoin, but instead of me having to wait for the next wave to begin, the game lets me right back in without weapons but with my points. Until today whenever I died I would be a spectator until the next wave. I was never kicked before for idling. So this kicked while idling is new to me :swink:
If you're Not Living on the EDGE you are taking up TOO MUCH SPACE!
wzzupp548
Killer in Training

If its not a bug, or glitch, than its an unfair exploit I suppose, but If everyone enjoys it, well, I'll try ot enjoy it to.

As for the kicked for idling bug, I was wondernig about an eta on the fix for that?

Today has been the first time ever it has happened to me. It happened almost every time I died, I pushed every button on my keyboard and mouse and moved my mouse as much as possible. Still thinks I was idling.
DW_5CitiesButcher
DW Clan Member
Xfire: 5CitiesButcher

I'm getting kicked still for idling while spectating after dying. This a new phenomenon that has happened to me over the last 24 hours. I get kicked while the wave is in progress and re-spawn/rejoin the wave with my points but without weapons. This is hard to over come in the latter waves because of the inability to make new weapons and build up manna. I guess I'll just have to quit dying. lol :scool:
If you're Not Living on the EDGE you are taking up TOO MUCH SPACE!
wzzupp548
Killer in Training

Someone said earlier that this was not a bug, it really seems like one to me.
I'm an adrenaline master, I rely on making my energy weapons early and keeping them through the rest of the waves with loaded weapons, but when I get kicked, I lose all my weapons. Sure, I get to play again, but if its a later round, I don't survive very long without the energy weapons.
I guess it is unfair to my class.
It only started yesterday, so I'm wondering;was there an update;did anything unusual happen yesterday.
2 other things I have noticed, my invisibility weapons today had a different effect, and secondly, today after I died I was spectating the blue team, not the red.
I hope some of this helps to resolve the issue.
JulianKingOfNothing
1337 Haxor
Xfire: dont remember

wzzupp548 wrote:Someone said earlier that this was not a bug, it really seems like one to me.
I'm an adrenaline master, I rely on making my energy weapons early and keeping them through the rest of the waves with loaded weapons, but when I get kicked, I lose all my weapons. Sure, I get to play again, but if its a later round, I don't survive very long without the energy weapons.
I guess it is unfair to my class.
It only started yesterday, so I'm wondering;was there an update;did anything unusual happen yesterday.
That indeed is a bug, something you can't control, getting kicked for idling. But for the people who leave/rejoin, is in no way 'illegal' on the server.

And, yes there was a update that caused trouble, I heard it was fixed, and ready to be placed on the server soon.
wzzupp548
Killer in Training

Al right thanks. My exploit speculation was before I knew about the idling bug. If it was intentional it would have been a concern. I can't wait for the update. until then, I'll try not to die.