Respawn Exploit bug

All things related to the UT3 RPG Monster Mash 3 server
DW_5CitiesButcher
DW Clan Member
Xfire: 5CitiesButcher

I have to remind my self that this server is still Beta. My guess is what is being worked on is the sentinel bug and the tendency that the game will crash for some when the sentinels blow up. If my game crashes I have to wait until I'm either kicked by an admin or wait 4 or 5 or so waves before I can rejoin. I'm thinking that the idle timing is being worked on. Of course this is just speculation on my part :scool: .
If you're Not Living on the EDGE you are taking up TOO MUCH SPACE!
DW_5CitiesButcher
DW Clan Member

I think the maps were updated because I'm downloading everyone of them when I play. That's cool. However I and the other players are still getting kicked when dying and wind up spectating. I tried a few suggestions that I was given but there isn't a key or mouse combo that I have tried that worked to stop us from being kicked. :scratch:
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

Being able to just disconnect and rejoin after dieing isn't what was intended and I hope will be dealt with but their are more important things to deal with at this point. Also, getting kicked for idling is known and is being worked on and it may be a while before it is all good to go. All I can really say is please keep posting problems as you run into them so we know, it is still Beta and will change drastically in time.
Savage
DW Clan Member
Xfire: savagedogg38

Also, I would like to apologize for the delay, a lot of us have families, jobs, and school, so it takes us a while to respond. Thanks for the heads up and believe me, we are on it. Keep posting bugs as you encounter them. Thanks again!
DW_5CitiesButcher
DW Clan Member

Update. We are still being kicked for idling while spectating. However, when I played Slanty Shanty with a couple of players we all built sentinels and when the other player's sentinels blew up the game crashed I was out but my character was not kicked. I still had to wait 5 or 6 or so levels before my character was kicked and I could get back in. Not the desired effects from the idler. I guess that the characters are not kicked because the idler sees them as active? :scratch:
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

It IS a bug, it IS a glitch, and if you get caught doing it repeatedly after being warned, you can get kikced. It would be a problem we might be able to fix down the line, and would if we could, but there are other priorities right now.

That doesn't mean it's OK, and you should do it as much as you want. The game doesn't give you God Mode for a reason, part of the game is trying not to die. If you just rejoin, you're pretending you didn't die, and cheating the system (and the honest players).
(Under Team Deathmatch)
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Working on a fix for the auto-kicking issue, should be in place today.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
wzzupp548
Killer in Training
Xfire: necrovamp

yay an update, cant wait
DW_5CitiesButcher
DW Clan Member

Brother [DW]Fry adjusted the "idler/kick you while you're spectating bug." We are no longer being kicked while spectating after death. Yeahhhh! :cheers:
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

Also, thanks for your input on the rejoining issue. It's not a "bug" in UT3 necessarily, because UT3 didn't come with Invasion, and isn't aware of "waves".

It's one of those problems where once in a while isn't an issue, but it's been overly taken advantage of... so the newest update will stop the abuse.

If you rejoin the game, you'll have to wait for the next wave to respawn.
(Under Team Deathmatch)