Change Logs

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
christmas
1337 Haxor

DW_Ant wrote:Personal Medkit's healing remaining is displayed on hud (similar to Adrenaline Syringe).
:thumbright:
DW_Ant wrote:When shooting monsters, the monsters will do more than just stare at you.
don't underestimate the power of eye-sight of monsters.... AlienQueen can kill all spirits....
DW_Ant wrote:Monsters give adrenaline for damaging them instead of killing them.
this for 1 is against a basic rule of Monster Assault rpg

this will promote zerks, paladins and necros.
oh wait....
considering zerks get the most kills
and paladins get adr from damage
this implementation seems to be made for necros and necros only.

anyways, i am 110% against a measure that breaks the #1 rule of Assault RPG ....and promote specifically 1 class
DW_Ant wrote:Players can now organize/filter their abilities through the new RPG Ability Menu!
Added Circular Ability List option - When cycling through abilities, the list will stop when the player reached to the last ability instead of returning to the first ability.
sounds good.
DW_Ant wrote:New single player command for debugging: "SimulatePlayers <number>" informs AdvDWMonsterSpawners and ConditionalTriggers to assume that the number of players is equal to the number specified.
New single player command for debugging: "SimulatePlayerLevels <number>" informs AdvDWMonsterSpawners and ConditionalTriggers to assume that player level(s) is equal to the number specified.
good for map testing
DW_Ant wrote:Added Ice Beam WailLord
I like that!!!
DW_Ant wrote:Lobby is back as the server's default map!
new map??? :banana: :banana: :banana:

DW_Ant wrote:Life Cord + Aegis
well, half the paladin's skills were nerfed, now the other half are pumped up....
is seems like its upon player/players request (the specific changes for this update)
anyways, from my point of view, there are other skills that you should consider fixing/editing first.....

[offtopic]ps: any news on when mech class will be available ???[/offtopic]

overall,
since I saw a huge change-log, I was expecting(and hoping) some changes (in the form of fixes) for all classes...
instead, I observe changes for 1 specific class, and for 1 specific path of another class
Silly_Warlock
Killer in Training

[/color]Summoned spirits will only absorb friendly projectiles.

It means our projectiles won't hurt spirits, right? If so, what's the point of Authoritative Keeper for paladins?

[/color]-When considering if the player should gain the relic or not, the player's score and kills must be lower than the relic info's MinScoreReq to disqualify itself from gaining the relic.
-You can't lose Treasure Hunter ability once you've purchased it (even if a map with new relics were added later).

Huh. Thought these were already in or supposed to be.

[/color]New Necromancer ability: Monster Possession - spawn with Reclamation Coins.

Nice ability, but FPMs could use some more dps.

[/color]New Monster: Ice Beam WailLord.

It sounds like classic 'GM being pissed' move to kill off players without caring about making sense.

[/color]-As a player monster, double jumping does not hinder you from attacking.
-As a player monster, dodging does not hinder you from attacking.
-As a player monster, landing does not hinder you from attacking.

Nice, those felt really weird and annoying :)

[/color]Level designers are able to specify a monster class instead of dynamically loading a monster from a string.

That's new? You can already do that with adv spawner, can't you?

[/color]Players are limited to deploy at most 1 of each turret.

:(
If so, can we throw them again now? Will they be buffed? Will Mechanics have ability to place more?

[/color]-Xenomorph Colony Part I
-Xenomorph Colony Part II
-Zoo

I think that Xeno gets way more updates than any other map :p
Anything new on Zoo worth getting there?

[/color]-Energy Leech does not supply mana for shooting vehicles.
-Energy Weapons do not supply mana for shooting vehicles.
-Summoned monsters will not crush monsters when landing on them.

LOL didn't know about these :sbigsmile:

Seems You have done quietly some work on game mechanics, will see how much playing against monsters will change (anyone remember that ONE change in monsters' behavior ? XD).

Nice to see Mechanic class development continues and I can see there is some movement around vehicles, is there something new coming for them?
I don't even know that I know nothing.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Taries wrote:Whats the point of Supports Adrenaline Surge abillity now then?
The Support's Adrenaline Surge and Energy Leech abilities still apply. They are an addition to the adrenaline you currently gain.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Well after update the kill will not give adren right?It will be like energy leech for everyone? Yes Energy leech will increase adren gain, but Surge increase adren from kill, but since kill will not give adren then it wont have any effect if i get it right.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Silly_Warlock wrote:
Summoned spirits will only absorb friendly projectiles.

It means our projectiles won't hurt spirits, right? If so, what's the point of Authoritative Keeper for paladins?
Spirits are still vulnerable to hit scan, projectiles fired from within, and vehicle squishing. In the older version, the spirits already absorb all projectiles, making them invulnerable against many monsters.

Silly_Warlock wrote:
-When considering if the player should gain the relic or not, the player's score and kills must be lower than the relic info's MinScoreReq to disqualify itself from gaining the relic.
-You can't lose Treasure Hunter ability once you've purchased it (even if a map with new relics were added later).
Huh. Thought these were already in or supposed to be.
There was an issue when the RPG validates your abilities. When there's a new relic, the RPG thinks that you can't afford this ability, and refunds your stat points. Since the stat points was negative, you'll end up losing 30 stat points instead.
Silly_Warlock wrote:
Level designers are able to specify a monster class instead of dynamically loading a monster from a string.

That's new? You can already do that with adv spawner, can't you?
The major difference is that specifying a monster as a string to be dynamically loaded at runtime. This method is slower and prone to error. This is especially true with mylevel'ed monster classes. In my new map conversion, my mylevel'ed monster class will require me to update the monster class string every time I increment the beta count (For example, I would have to enter: "AS-MyMap-beta1.MyMonsterClass"). Enabling a property to specify a monster via monster class avoids this potential issue.

Dynamically loading still has its benefits as they don't cause the map to have a dependency on the monster you're loading.

Edit: Sorry I've realized that I've written that log without context. That change list is specific to the FPMUseTrigger.

Silly_Warlock wrote:
-Xenomorph Colony Part I
-Xenomorph Colony Part II
-Zoo

Anything new on Zoo worth getting there?
Here's the change list for the new zoo:
  • Added Air Drones
  • Added Ice Beam Waillord
  • Added Coilbags
  • Removed obsolete classes such as the Magdalena, Effigy, and placeholder raptor spawns in Dino section (Raptors are in misc instead)
  • Removed Customized monsters
  • Smoothed terrain at the Air Drone section
  • Added weapon locker (to copy weapons)
  • Game is now in super safe mode
  • Added relic
  • Moved pickups at the spawn to other corner (wanted bots to move out of my way when I'm testing the Mechanic's Weapon Craftsman ability)
  • Monsters' scoring value is 1 (to allow abilities to apply)
  • Set monster level limiter to 0
  • Enabled dedicated monsters
  • Replaced Zombie Spinosaurus with normal Spinosaurus
  • Added a spawn interval for tentacles
  • Replaced "Cages are full" messages with more specific messages. For example: "Dragon cages are occupied."
[/color]

Silly_Warlock wrote:Nice to see Mechanic class development continues and I can see there is some movement around vehicles, is there something new coming for them?
The Mechanic will have abilities focused upon vehicle usage, but I don't want to disclose details since they're at risk for significant changes.
Last edited by DW_Ant on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

FFE466

Taries wrote:Well after update the kill will not give adren right?It will be like energy leech for everyone? Yes Energy leech will increase adren gain, but Surge increase adren from kill, but since kill will not give adren then it wont have any effect if i get it right.
The Adrenal Surge ability is independent from the game's adrenaline award from killing monsters.
DWMonsterAssault.ASGameInfo was granting adrenaline to players that make the kill. The MonsterAssaultRPG.AbilityAdrenalSurge contains its own implementation in granting adrenaline for killing monsters. Removing functionality from one class will not affect the other.

FFE466

Here's the change list for July 12th:

DW Monster Assault
  • Disable friendly fire for vehicles.
  • RPG ability list should populate with abilities.
Monster Assault RPG
  • Healing weapons should be able to heal other players.
  • Disable Pickup Trap ability for moles.
  • Determine the end game experience based on the End Round actor that was triggered (useful when a map has multiple EndRound actors). Dragon Tower will be back when this is fixed. (this also requires a DWAssaultMapperTools update).
  • Update donator's aura Medkits.
ME RPG Expansion
  • Monster Possession only works when spawning as a player.
  • Fix Reaping Energy
  • Summon Sentinel will use default supply interval (about 30 seconds) instead of ignoring enemyies' supply interval (about 22 seconds).
  • Updating ability descriptions for Sentinel and Poison Supremacy.
Smart Monster Pack/Sample
  • DWScriptedMonsters will notify AdvMonsterSpawners that they've died when the monster is nuked or timed out.
  • DWScriptedMonsters will notify the AdvMonsterSpawner that they've died when they're slain even when a dedicated monster is controlling it.
  • Custom miniboss projectiles are supported for the AdvDWMonsterSpawner
  • SmartMonsterPack is compiled after DWMonsterAssault and DWAssaultMapperTools
DW Assault Mapper Tools
  • New actor: RepeatableCounter - same as the Counter actor, but it resets whenever the counter value reaches 0.
  • Action_Inventory will destroy inventory items after deleting inventory items from the pawn's inventory chain.
Maps
  • New map: Robot Factory!
  • Argento is updated
  • Fixed PM Predalien for Xenomorph Colony Part II
[/color]

FFE466

Here's the change list for September 1st:

DW Monster Assault
  • Fixed friendly fire with friendly monsters.
  • Fixed friendly fire with dedicated monsters.
  • Player monsters cannot immediately teleport or suicide after getting hit.
Monster Assault RPG
  • Energy Leech does not work with friendly fire.
  • Magic weapons such as Energy, Freeze, Frenzy, Poison, and Rage do not work with friendly fire.
  • Updated Enhanced Armor skill description.
ME RPG Expansion
  • Magic weapons such as Arson Knockback, Cautious Energy, Chromatic, Knockback, Explosive Energy, Explosive Knockback, Explosive Rage, Explosive Vampirism, Fire Ward, Freezer Burned, Frostbite, Lightning Ward, Mud, Powered, Sacrilegious, Scorched, Vampirism, and Venom do not work with friendly fire.
Map Updates
  • AS-Castle is updated.
[/color]

FFE466

1337 Haxor

DW_Ant wrote:

Monster Assault RPG
  • Updated Enhanced Armor skill description.
[/color]

what exactly changed ? (seems the same to me)

did the skill itself changed at all ??
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Here's the change list for February 28th, 2015:

Monster Assault RPG
  • Weapon mastery experience is multiplied by the map's experience multiplier.
  • Regeneration now heals up to max health.
  • CostAddPerLevel for Regeneration is now 2 instead of 5.
  • Health for all Guardians, Oak Sages, and Specters is doubled.
  • Health for Spirits increased by 400%.
  • Max damage transfer ratio for Life Cord is now 1:1 instead of 1:0.5.
  • You cannot cast Life Cord when another Paladin is protecting you (from Life Cord or from Aegis)
  • You cannot cast Aegis when another Paladin is protecting you (from Life Cord or from Aegis)
  • When two Paladins overlap their Aegis auras, one of them will automatically disable their Aegis.
  • Players protected from Life Cord cannot benefit from Aegis.
  • Protection from Life Cord and Aegis now ignores friendly fire.
  • Revised damage absorb formulae for Guardian, Specter, Life Cord, Aegis, and Enhanced Armor. Technical details are listed below for Guardian. Other abilities are in a similar format.
    [spoil]Old formula for Guardian

Code: Select all

AlmostOriginalDamage = float(Damage) / (1 - ReducedDamage); //Reduced damage is the amount of damage that was already reduced due to player's resistances.
            Delta = GetNewPhysical(InjuredData) * 0.01; //Delta holds the extra resistances in addition to the player's current resistance.

DamageAbsorbed = AlmostOriginalDamage - (float(Damage) * (1 - Delta));
            if (Master != None)
                Master.TakeDamage(DamageAbsorbed, None, vect(0,0,0), vect(0,0,0), None); //Send the damage to the Guardian
            Damage = AlmostOriginalDamage * (1 - Delta); //Reduces the damage for the player

New formula

AlmostOriginalDamage = float(Damage) / (1 - ReducedDamage); //Reduced damage is the amount of damage that was already reduced due to player's resistances.
            Delta = GetNewPhysical(InjuredData) * 0.01; //Delta holds the extra resistances in addition to the player's current resistance.

DamageAbsorbed = AlmostOriginalDamage * (Delta - ReducedDamage);
            if (Master != None)
                Master.TakeDamage(DamageAbsorbed, None, vect(0,0,0), vect(0,0,0), None); //Send the damage to the Guardian
            Damage = AlmostOriginalDamage * (1 - Delta); //Reduces damage for the player

[/spoil]
  • Reduced starting threat value for spirits by 0.15 (less experience).
  • Reduced threat from Life Cord (see technical details below).
  • Fixed error in threat formulae where the higher abilities had lesser threat. Technical details below:
    [spoil]Note: The lower the threat values, the more experience you get.

For Summon Spirits:

-0.174 + (0.06 * SummonLevel); //old
    -0.174 - (0.06 * SummonLevel); //new

For spirit resurrection (when a spirit resurrects someone else)

-0.225 + (0.06 * InvLevel); //old
    -0.225 - (0.06 * InvLevel); //new

Life Cord (when casted)

-0.162 + (InvLevel * 0.06) * ThreatMultiplier; //Threat multiplier is based on how early the previous cord casting was aborted (from AltActivateItem command).  If the previous cord only withstood half of its duration, then half threat is given.
    -(InvLevel * 0.05) * ThreatMultiplier; //current formula

[/spoil]
  • New material overlay for Sturdy Weapons.
  • When respawning from a space ship, the Life Cord ability reuses the previous artifact (instead of replacing the current one with a new one).
  • Paladin's perk ignores friendly fire.
  • You cannot gain experience from friendly fire.
  • Support summoned monsters now have 0 scoring value.
  • Summoned spirits' scoring value is now 0.
  • Readiness is no longer replicated to the client (prevent the confusion where the player just gained a bunch of adren from exiting a vehicle, but then the server corrects their actual adren count as soon as their adren value changes).
  • Updated Medic Awareness stat cost per level in the ability description.
ME RPG Expansion
  • New Mechanic ability: Craft Turret (Places either a minigun or shock turret).
  • New Mechanic ability: Turret Maniac (increases fire rate for stationary turrets and passenger weapons for vehicles).
  • New Mechanic ability: Subsidiary Crew (When riding as a passenger, the vehicle regenerates health).
  • New Mechanic ability: EMP Field (Damage all nearby robots).
  • New Mechanic ability: Vehicle Salvage (destroy an empty vehicle or turret for scrap metal).
  • New Mechanic ability: Imbued Traps (When spawning with a mine layer or grenade launcher, those weapons will be magical).
  • New Mechanic ability: Imbued Weapons (Increases the likelihood of picking up magic weapons from lockers and weapon spawns).
  • New Mechanic ability: Nano Regenerative Ammo (slowly regenerates ammo for the current weapon).
  • New Mechanic ability: Metal Fission (spend scrap metal for adrenaline).
  • Mechanics are now able to promote themselves to the second rank!
  • New sentinel control panel
  • Starting cost for Stockpile is now 6 instead of 2.
  • Stockpile evenly distributes scrap metal per level (instead of random metal pieces).
  • New Sentinel command: Enable Movement.
  • New Sentinel command: Set Master. The Mechanic is now able to instruct the sentinel who it should follow and protect. The Sentinel will dispense supplies based on the new master's conditions. The new master will get threat if someone else pickups their supplies. However, the Mechanic still gets experience when the Sentinel attacks creatures. The Mechanic can still control the Sentinel even if it follows someone else.
  • Base health for Sentinels is now 400 instead of 130.
  • Max poison resistance for Sentinels is now 100% instead of 90%.
  • Level 4 and up Sentinels will scatter armor shards when destroyed (total armor 50-100).
  • New icon for Sentinel ability.
  • The elemental sentinels is no longer randomly chosen. The mechanic can now specify which elemental sentinel they can summon.
  • Sentinels are now able to repair onslaught turrets (such as the shock turret).
  • Replaced Sentinel commands (Supply Adren, Ammo, Armor, and Health) with value thresholds (instead of binary on/off).
  • New filter system for the Weapon Craftman's UI when viewing recipes:
  • AltActivateItem for Recycle ability cycles through metal types.
  • AltActivateItem for Distributor ability cycles through metal types.
  • The Mechanic's hud now displays the metal cost of current selected artifact.
  • Mechanic's lightning retaliation damage is now 50%-100% of the damage taken per rank (instead of 5%-10%). Considering that majority of the lightning attacks are coming from monsters that resist lightning.
  • Mechanic's lightning retaliation also considers partial lightning-based attacks. The retaliation damage is fragmented when retaliating partial lightning-based attacks.
  • Agonizing Demise ability now requires the Necromancer to purchase either Summon Skeleton or Summon Zombie.
  • You won't lose additional grenade ammo (from Grenade Bundles ability) when spawning with a magic grenade launcher.
  • Fixed possession error in Mechanic's armor shard pickup message.
Smart Monster Pack
  • Friendly Advanced Arctic Air Drones' projectiles will shoot out friendly spider mines.
  • Friendly ice dragon projectiles no longer drains adren from friendly fire.
  • Friendly ice dragon projectiles no longer freezes allies.
DW Assault Mapper Tools
  • Set Level Limit scripted action now has a property to specify the new Min Level requirements. This property is ignored if min and max values are negative.
Map Updates (all map updates are minor)
  • Iguazu
  • Thrust
  • Resident Unreal
Edit: Needed to fix image link for sentinel control panel.[/color]
Attachments
SentinelControls.jpg
SentinelControls.jpg (200.19 KiB) Viewed 16133 times
WeaponCraftsman.jpg
WeaponCraftsman.jpg (205.7 KiB) Viewed 16133 times
MetalCost.jpg
MetalCost.jpg (209.73 KiB) Viewed 16133 times
Last edited by DW_Ant on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

FFE466