My lil sis the noob

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
Habulin
Camper

So today my lil sis told me she wants to try to play the game (ME) :_D. Ok. I made her a username/acc *Suport* ( I gave her this name to troll her a bit xD ) and ok she went playing. She has 0 knowledge of the server and how to play it. She played through the campaign and on some trial servers until now. So after I made her acc and she decided on a skin I let her alone so she could play. I went to a friend of mine because I had to check something for school. Later when I got back she seemed a bit angry. She was at the start of Thrust. As I read the text (F2) I was laughning at the stuff people type. As of what she told me and what Ape (Hope I didn't miss the name :P) (atleast for me) comfirmed she took the basket objective in nano-tech. Before she took it someone said to wait for it but she was already transed above the objective so there was 0% of her to avoid it. Then omg and Tarles started insulting her. There were my sister, Adidat, Ape, omg and Tarles. So for questions and answers go ahead and ask them :D. I didn't take a screenshot of it as I hoped there will be no way of punishment for this. I just want to point out that the 2 of them are playing for a long time now and should know how to treat new players. So to all the experienced players, not only on ME, but on every other server / game. Please, if someone is new to the server and makes a mistake, please, don't start insulting him and placing kick votes. Tell them that they made a mistake. Tell them what they should do the next time they play. Try to help them understand the game and how it works. And for the sake of God, please, do NOT start insulting them and telling them how pro you are and how noob they are. I understand that my sister made a mistake, and I made a mistake not telling her how to play, but I wanted her to learn it herself. But it seems that she didn't get the luck to play the first time with the people who I played with. I really hope all of the *veterans* would be more friendly. Just to note I know that people like Franky, Ant, Karma and such are already very friendly, so to all those who try their best to help, honestly thank you.

LP Habulin
DW_Skittles
Site Admin

cool story bro
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Yeah, those guys can have some bad attitudes. I really don't understand why you'd want to beat up on people who are your allies, will help you out with health/ammo/weapons and are trying to contribute. Pretty lame behavior.
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

well you're playing on a server that allows people who have been banned multiple times and still haven't changed their act but somehow get let back, what do you expect :( i think most new players keep running into the problem of rushing, they like to take objectives >_> though at least nano clean's basket objective has a wait period before the final wave now, so it's not as bad a screw up as others. just tell her to take her time and ignore the douches, and if you can, take screenshots(i wish i could but my comp won't for whatever reason :C )
Habulin
Camper

SomethingToSay wrote:and if you can, take screenshots(i wish i could but my comp won't for whatever reason :C )
I already mentioned it, but I will repeat. I refuse to take screenshots. I do not want anyone to get punished here. I simply want that the pld players which are agressive towards new players stop acting like they are something better. I know how pro the old players are. But! Didn't they make mistakes aswell? And btw. I hpe you didn't mean screenshots of my lil sis <-<.

LP Habulin
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

As usual I am going to reapeat myself:

Insulting other players, killing player with translocator, intentionaly rushing objective or try to screwing people team effort, etc.... all those nasty things should be punished with an appropriate good DOSES of map kicks, like in monster mash. And for doing that, the ME server needs 2 very important things that are non-existant at the moment:

1. Implementation of the Monster Mash admin codes, including GUI and console commands.
2. Administrators with judgment.

As far has i know, both those 2 things are missing from the server now which explain why this kind of event stil occur.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
vinc3h
Camper

Most people are douches when it comes to making mistakes and shit. Everyone over reacts 90% of the time.
3D Modeler, Texture Artist, Level Designer
Habulin
Camper

Someone changing his IP after an IP perma ban 5 times is a bit over-reaction right :D?

LP Habulin

NOTE: This statement is purely ment as an example. It does not target any player neither group of players. I am sorry if any player feels targeted by this statement.
Thwart
1337 Haxor

SomethingToSay wrote:people who have been banned multiple times and still haven't changed their act but somehow get let back
Out of curiosity, when you say "people" you're really just talking about one person here, right? I can only think of one name right now.

Anyway, this isn't meant directly to you "SomethingToSay" but rather just in general to anyone here that if we're only talking about players insulting other players, since this is what the main post is about, then I know for a fact that if we were to enforce punishing people who do insult others, whether it was to someone in server or behind their backs, then some of the people that posted on here should also get punished as well.
The advice I can give is not to take it personal. It's really not your fault if someone acts like a jerk. But if they were cursing, then they should get kicked/banned right away. Don't forget to take a screenshot.

To Franky,
Regarding "1. Implementation of the Monster Mash admin codes," and etc, I don't think this is out of the question, but rather is probably desired for Monster Evo. I assume the problem right now is getting it to work on that server? I don't know what the story is on that, but I think it would have to take some time to code to get it right on this particular server? I've heard there is currently some issues with it right now...
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

edit: okay the screenshot thing seems to work on my laptops keyboard at least, but idk why it didnt on my wireless keyboard. should be good now