Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Ant, you don't have to wait 30 days before you can donate for the first time, do you?

And donating for anything below lvl 50 is well ... a welcome donation to the server :sbigsmile:

lvl 50 in 1 week, donate to 70, get to 80 within 30 days, donate and lvl 100. Time 31-37 days
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

Azmodan wrote:[img]http://s14.directupload.net/images/1302 ... 9s.jpg[img]

Ant, you don't have to wait 30 days before you can donate for the first time, do you?

And donating for anything below lvl 50 is well ... a welcome donation to the server :sbigsmile:

lvl 50 in 1 week, donate to 70, get to 80 within 30 days, donate and lvl 100. Time 31-37 days
yeah, with donations it can be done in pretty incredible time, 2 months or less im sure, and plus we're adding on rank 3 to rank 4 here, which can surely be done in easily 5 months this way, what players have gone to rank 4 in 5 months or less?

most people don't take just a month or so, or we'd have everyone rank 3 already and the server would be terrible

your math didn't factor in ANY playing time at all, and even if everyone knew about buying levels, SURELY nobody would be just waiting and buying levels without playing, especially over a 150 day period. azmodan's math is a lot closer to the truth IMO

it just seems a bit hypocritical that you, and i agree with this, that you do purposely make some maps harder and drop the XP bonus on some maps etc. in order to slow people's progress down, and yet you're saying they could buy level 130-150 for 20 bucks and bam instantly be rank 4 in no time. that's the way it looks. i think it's good to slow people a bit and make it take a bit longer, so people aren't doing it fast, but allowing levels to be bought and it to be expedited in a big way like this feels like you're undermining your entire reason for dropping XP.
DW_Ant wrote:
Your previous paragraph will negatively affect your image. Please reduce the drama; we have enough of that here. It is not my place to publicly discuss the fate of other players, but I can share with you is that nothing changed since the incidents.

If you have problem with another player, take a screenshot (or demo record) and report the player(s).
If the report contains a valid reason for a kick (as discussed in the Nebri thread), then I'll take action.

and i feel like it's utterly pointless to take screenshots, when the guy has been banned like half a dozen times already and obviously a screenshot has no ramifications when he's gonna be back in a few weeks, why bother? i have screenshots of players being stunned that he's back and saying they dont want him around and the like, and i'd have more except i dont want to play like multiple others don't when that person is on, so i don't get a chance anyway.

not to mention a frame of reference is tough to capture. if i get killed, and *someone* says "HAHA" and i screenshot that because it's clear theyre laughing at my death (to people in the game at the time), you could easily say "well maybe theyre laughing at something else" since you weren't there and didn't get a feel for the moment, and you can cast doubt that is questionable, and that can apply to other situations.

and you can't really screenshot people rushing or doing behavior detrimental to others like that very well

i have no quarrels with any other players on the server, i have no desire at all to have a single other person on this server gone or even temporarily kicked/banned, and i think most people here are lovely, and just playful banter is good, and most people here seem to be on the same mindset, but there is overwhelmingly a sentiment that the server is better without him, so i dont see why we shouldn't be allowed to discuss and have a reason for something that absolutely does affect our gaming experience here
Thwart
1337 Haxor

SomethingToSay wrote: yeah, with donations it can be done in pretty incredible time, 2 months or less im sure, and plus we're adding on rank 3 to rank 4 here, which can surely be done in easily 5 months this way, what players have gone to rank 4 in 5 months or less?

most people don't take just a month or so, or we'd have everyone rank 3 already and the server would be terrible
I can be wrong, but is this really a problem right now? How long has this been in effect? Does anybody really plan on spending $100 so they can improve their character on a 9 year old game that they probably wouldn't play much of in a year from now? Even if I stolen the $100, I would still feel regret like I have spent more than I probably should've. I would like to encourage people to donate to the servers/website, but for the reasons of just building your character, would you really feel upset that they spent their own or parent's hard earned money? Regardless, the majority of the people that play Monster Evo will not spend money to level.
SomethingToSay wrote: he's gonna be back in a few weeks, why bother?
Uh, Incorrect. It has been more than just a few weeks.
SomethingToSay wrote:not to mention a frame of reference is tough to capture. if i get killed, and *someone* says "HAHA" and i screenshot that because it's clear theyre laughing at my death (to people in the game at the time), you could easily say "well maybe theyre laughing at something else" since you weren't there and didn't get a feel for the moment, and you can cast doubt that is questionable, and that can apply to other situations.
I think Ant is trying to tell you that it isn't very professional to discuss another player's involvement in the server especially when it comes to gossip. You don't know the details nor the facts. Perhaps if the truth be told to you, you may feel more understanding with the decision to allow this certain player to be online at this time. What I can tell you is that with your complaints, along with other people's complaints, and all that has been said have already been discussed before privately. Time to move on, and to let Ant know of any grievances you might encounter in the future.
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

SomethingToSay wrote:what players have gone to rank 4 in 5 months or less?
Ant, burek, franky, elsa, crunch, myself, warrior...

all depends on the amount you play per day

568738 exp for rank 4. If you play 3 hours a day with 2000pph its done in 100 days or 6 hours with 1000pph for those who take it slow. And warrior did that just recently with his 3 map rotation all day long...

if you only have 2 hours a day and only make 500pph well then it will take almost 2 years...
thats why I don't have problems with donating for lvls, so those guys can reach rank 3 which is the basis to a good char.

On the other hand I don't think you should apply the same rules as on MM, there lvl 200 isn't more then lvl 100 on ME. The game just starts at lvl 200 on MM. I think you should either reduce the max lvl to 125 or 100 or reduce the lvls you can purchase per month to 10 or 15.

And Thwart is right, the donations for lvls so far haven't really been an issue. Although I have been playing the DW servers for 4 years now so I think donating 100 bucks for a game that gave me fun times for 4 years is appropriate, 9 years old game or not.
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

I'm not sure how many players even knew simply buying levels was an option, I've never heard it mentioned before, I don't know how many people know what or what not they can buy, but that's not my main issue anyway, I'd be fine with it if the bigger problem was gotten rid of. I understand why it's in place, and I do think, like Azmo, it could be scaled back a bit, but money is money, and money talks. I just find it odd that you can complete 3/4 of your character in this fashion, and moreso when Ant likes to make the server tough and take longer to do, then there's a way to skip ahead 20 levels.

Thwart wrote: I think Ant is trying to tell you that it isn't very professional to discuss another player's involvement in the server especially when it comes to gossip. You don't know the details nor the facts. Perhaps if the truth be told to you, you may feel more understanding with the decision to allow this certain player to be online at this time. What I can tell you is that with your complaints, along with other people's complaints, and all that has been said have already been discussed before privately. Time to move on, and to let Ant know of any grievances you might encounter in the future.
Frankly, I don't consider him a player. If it was anyone else, yes, I'd probably PM or something, not that I've ever had any real problems with other players outside of stuff like rushing, but this is a person that a lot of people are confused as to why he is back, and yes I DON'T know the details, that's exactly my point. I don't see why the public shouldn't have a reason as to why a problem player who has been banned several times is let back, do you? Why's it such a big secret? That's silly.

And if it's been 'discussed privately', why has nothing been done? If the mods are so aware of all the annoyances and everything that everyone has, why would you not put an end to that? As I said, a lot of grievances aren't exactly capturable with a screenshot, that's not a problem solver. He hasn't changed, it takes about 5 minutes of playing with him to figure that out. So we have to put up with him for several weeks, then have a few weeks of ban time, wash, rinse, repeat 50 times?
El_Salvador_503
Camper

I'm able to make a rank 3 in less than 100 hours
If we don't do what we love, no matter if we do it all day we will always be unoccupied...
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

El_Salvador_503 wrote:I'm able to make a rank 3 in less than 100 hours
Can you beat my personal best? I was able to achieve level 200 less than a minute without any objective-based experience points.

When you beat my best, I'll make an effort to go for 10 seconds instead of 60 seconds.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Hell no LOL only if I was the admin :P
If we don't do what we love, no matter if we do it all day we will always be unoccupied...
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

People who donate money to the server(s) should be thanked, whatever their reason for doing so.

If granting a few levels helps some people donate who might not have otherwise I'm all for it. Especially within the rules as described, which I wouldn't change.

The donations help keep the game(s) alive we obviously all like playing.
Generic Humorous Forum Sig
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution
SomethingToSay
1337 Haxor

DW_Wine_Flu wrote:People who donate money to the server(s) should be thanked, whatever their reason for doing so.

If granting a few levels helps some people donate who might not have otherwise I'm all for it. Especially within the rules as described, which I wouldn't change.

The donations help keep the game(s) alive we obviously all like playing.

so with that logic you should very strongly be urging him to donate more for other people too, since he's bringing the topic up

and now that it's valentine's day, maybe he did it as a valentine's present for his e-crush, that's cute <3

and on a totally related side note

ant, who's your valentine? lol

actually im more curious who sal's valentine is, is it mooke? <3