UnrealEd Dungeon Maker

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

In case anyone is interested, this is a utility that I found a few weeks back that allows you to construct a map for Unreal Tournament (this is actually geared towards the original UT but it somewhat works with UT2004 -- *Some exceptions) pretty simply.

It's basically as simple as drawing in some boxes on a grid. You select a piece corresponding to some geometry (a 256x256 piece of space) and drop it onto the grid. Placing several spaces you can make rooms and corridors. It's a limited tool but it's great for prototyping a map layout. You can easily make something like Cubes4All using this.

Known limitations 1: This tool is designed primarily to produce single-height-level maps. It doesn't really deal with variations in height very well, and if you had a map that utilized a lot of height variation you would almost certainly have to bring it in to UnrealEd and do that.

Known limitations 2*: This tool is designed to work with Unreal Tournament, not Unreal Tournament 2004, and so most of the pieces that you can select here don't work properly -- The most important tool, however, is the 256x256 standard "Hallway" block, which does work (in addition, UT2004's scale means that 256x256 is pretty small. I recommend at least 512x512 for a Monster Evolution corridor, so you can actually do pretty well with just this.) -- If there is any interest in using this tool I may try to update the building blocks used by the program so that they work properly in UT2004.

Download: UnrealEDDungeonMakerV3

Alternate Download: UnrealEDDungeonMakerV3

Last edited by DW_WailofSuicide on Sun May 12, 2013 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.