Is there a way to make low-levels more useful?

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

@nt wrote:If there really is no way to make low-levels more useful, then is there a way to implement a damage reduction for low levels on high rank maps, similar to low-level player monster protection?
Then you'll be penalizing players for leveling up.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

DW_Wine_Flu wrote:
VIP3R wrote:
However, it is possible to scale the monsters based on the player level. With the new (upcoming) monster spawner, the mappers will have the choice to have the monsters scale with the player level (lowest, average, or highest player level).
Awesome :D. Think I'm going to use that on my map, cause of the way i have my map built, It's a bit difficult to say which rank this map would be best for. My original thoughts were to make it a rank 1 - 2 map, but I'm more thinking it would be better to have it rank 2 - 3. But with the new monster spawner, will be easier to figure out what I'm going to do.
I am hoping the idea of a 'map rank' can mostly go out the window with the new spawner. Make an appropriate map and let the monster scaling adjust based upon who's currently playing. My current map is in limbo waiting for these changes.
Ya well at least the general idea. I'm sure it would have to be there somewhat in some sort of way with how the maps are. But this new monsterspawner sounds good, can't wait to get using it.
@nt
Pro but Noob

DW_Ant wrote:
@nt wrote:If there really is no way to make low-levels more useful, then is there a way to implement a damage reduction for low levels on high rank maps, similar to low-level player monster protection?
Then you'll be penalizing players for leveling up.
Stated that wrong; by the protection, I meant something like the protection modifier where it makes it so that when you take damage that would normally kill you, you'll still be left with 1 hp, and only happens once per life, or even once per game.
I like cookies...
christmas
1337 Haxor

wth man, this is like punishing high rank players...players who have leveled spending time in the server...totally un-just... whats next, giving handicap to less skilled players so that you even out(balance) all players??

btw, when I started in the server I felt what you are saying because:
1. I had lack of skill while high ranks were much more skilled after so much time
2. My weapon masteries were poor, so dealing serious damage was out of question.
3. My resistances were from -25% to 0% while high ranks had at least 30%
and
4. My hp was <200 when high ranks had >400 hp....
so I would die from a single hit when a high ranks could stand multiple hits and still survive....
unfair??? its not about beaing fair or not...its about being logical.... since you will level up at some point and reach high rank yourself...
VIP3R
Killer in Training

I agree with what @nt, and Shodan have to say honestly. With what @nt was saying, It would be a nice idea to implicate such a thing so that low level players have a LITTLE bit more protection against monsters on HIGH LEVEL maps.
But this Is where I agree with Shodan. Having such a thing implicated would be too much of a handicap. The whole point of the server basically is to tough it through the hardships of being low level, work your way up and eventually become a high rank class.
So although i think it would be a nice idea, while all the same, It's also just a waste of time and doesn't make much sense as to how the server is played.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

There is already a penalty for high players on pretty much every map so they don't get full experience so I don't think there is a need to help the low levels do better on the few hard maps.

And as for some hard maps like Utopia or Iguazu: as soon as the party has a medic and a support every player in the party is useful as long as they don't die. If you are hurt, hide and call a medic, if you need supplies then call for them and the support will gladly take the additional threat. The only difference between a low and a high player on a hard map is the way you have to play it.

I mean if Rank 2 players are able to get critical player awards despite the piercing factor there is no need to make them stronger.