Any news regarding the status of the server?

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
pulp
Killer in Training

That's great - except the server that's hosting my banned account isn't running.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

DW_Ant wrote:Not displaying an ETA is intended. Personally I have a lot of things going on in real-life. The amount of time I can spend to fix things is variable (which leads to an unpredictable schedule). Setting an ETA will either disappoint people (when the patch comes in late), or disappoint people (when I overestimate).

If you desperately need an ETA, I guess I'll play it safe and overestimate. You can count on it by Easter.
In another words, it's probably a <1% chance that it'll be open by Easter. I'm certain I can get it done much sooner. The server can be back anytime by this weekend to next Easter.

I don't want to say this weekend as an ETA since there's a significant probability that something may go wrong (postponing the opening day).

There are just too many variables in the mix to safely display an ETA.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

It's better to try something that may go wrong sooner than deliver something perfect around Easter time when you've got no user base left. Iterative development is the way to do this.
VIP3R
Killer in Training

Looking for a permanent fix not going to waste time with a fix that will get broken through just as fast as the last one.
Regardless of it being an immediate temp fix or not. What would be the point? play the game for an hour or so before the hacker realizes the servers back with a different name.
pulp
Killer in Training

You don't know that the hacker's going to be bothered enough to hack the server again, especially since it's been a few days since they brought the server down.

Changing the server's identity is worth a try. Prove me wrong.
Thwart
1337 Haxor

pulp wrote: when you've got no user base left.
That doesn't sound so bad.
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

pulp wrote:Changing the server's identity is worth a try. Prove me wrong.
Proved wrong. I've changed the gametype significantly last Friday only to bring it down the next day.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

1337 Haxor

wtf is a giraffe? :cat:
pulp wrote:I used to be called Chapter, Not one of you noticed my change of identity.
someone once asked you (actually it was 2 people) for your age and told you: "for a dcik you have very mature perspective of things"

and "why did you use to act as an idiot" ....

somebody (two people) knew who you were, and they just gave you a hint... some habits die hard pulp :salute:

pulp wrote:It's better to try something that may go wrong sooner than deliver something perfect around Easter time when you've got no user base left. Iterative development is the way to do this.
+1000
pulp wrote: when you've got no user base left.
if this translates as server not crowded by necrophiles, then I'm game :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
pulp
Killer in Training

Proved wrong. I've changed the gametype significantly last Friday only to bring it down the next day.
I'm not suggesting you change the gametype, I'm suggesting you change the IDENTITY. Give the server a new IP and a completely different name. A week has passed since the server was brought down - the hacker might not be bothered anymore to bring the server down again.

Try again. It'll take you a couple of minutes. You've got nothing to lose.
El_Salvador_503
Camper

You guys not helping at all, just caml down and be patient, I can wait all the necessary to have server pertmanently back, if you cant bad for you. Take your time DW's and get that noob hacker
If we don't do what we love, no matter if we do it all day we will always be unoccupied...