Any news regarding the status of the server?

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
høerb
Killer in Training

@nt wrote::swhew: Good to know there will still be rank 3s and 4s to carry me through games.
you will carry them by not dying > teamplaygame
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

[mod="DW_Ant"]We're going to start letting players join the server. For the time being, it's going to be restricted. Perhaps some day, it'll become public again. If you're interested in playing Monster Evolution, send me an E-mail at ant@clandw.org for the password to the server. Please mention what user names you'll be playing as so I can have list of active players.[/mod]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Server was up one day and down again D:
I like cookies...
VIP3R
Killer in Training

The Ant man Is working on another solution.

Hopefully this works out better
christmas
1337 Haxor

at least some of us took a fair dosage of ME in our system :cheers: even if it was for 1 day only :thumbright:
Sokoro
Camper

I wrote an e-mail and still did not get the password.. lame.. normal servers do not require users to go through such trouble.. also paswording the server is a bad idea, it will decrease posibility of some newcomers.

Why are you so defensive? The problem is the hacker... you should not only try to make the server more secure but also destroy the hacker... write to his ISP so that they disconect him from the internet. Who care if he gets another ISP, you can always write to the another ISP until he wont have any ISP left.
And at least he will need to go through the trouble of finding new isp.. You can also try to call some police forces, or contact most of the UT04(or even other unreal games) servers and tell them to ban him so he will not have any place to play in. find his other internet identities and publish info about how he is such a asshole and hacker etc.. on those websites. also publish his ip adressess and so on.

Just do not stay back and do something, make his internet life hell. If it would be on me, then I would just kill him in real life. Nobody should hack servers which I use without my premision.
I made an AM character just to be able to use electromagnet in safe spots with 500 adrenaline and rejuvation weapon +5
DW_Shawn
DW Clan Member
Xfire: shawnilizer

Sokoro wrote:I wrote an e-mail and still did not get the password.. lame.. normal servers do not require users to go through such trouble.. also paswording the server is a bad idea, it will decrease posibility of some newcomers.

Why are you so defensive? The problem is the hacker... you should not only try to make the server more secure but also destroy the hacker... write to his ISP so that they disconect him from the internet. Who care if he gets another ISP, you can always write to the another ISP until he wont have any ISP left.
And at least he will need to go through the trouble of finding new isp.. You can also try to call some police forces, or contact most of the UT04(or even other unreal games) servers and tell them to ban him so he will not have any place to play in. find his other internet identities and publish info about how he is such a asshole and hacker etc.. on those websites. also publish his ip adressess and so on.

Just do not stay back and do something, make his internet life hell. If it would be on me, then I would just kill him in real life. Nobody should hack servers which I use without my premision.
You make everything you just said so easy, not its not simple as that if it was then it would of been done a very long time now. Just be patient and work with what is provided..
úñkñøwñ*shåwñ
[»shåwñ«]
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I'll send a reply stating the the server is closed for now. At the moment, no one can enter the server.

No one should ever be killed over a game (unless the game is about killing like the Roman gladiator battles). I understand there's anger towards instigator, but there are opportunities for the attacker to redeem himself. We would be no better than him if we retaliated. Our code of ethics forbids such actions.

My time here is limited, but I'll work on it whenever I can.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Sokoro wrote:If it would be on me, then I would just kill him in real life.
The condition in the heart of humanity.
"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
MMA_T1mesh1fter
Pro but Noob

But IS it an attacker? The crashes occurred mostly just before till just after the map voting. Also, just before it crashes, Stat Net tells me that I recieve Unorderd packets(packets that aren't the same as how they were sent when they arrive at the server), this indicates that it could be a calculation problem in the server or the dedicated engine. I heard of servers with a similar problem, They were all talking about something called servertravel:
it might sound simplistic, but you will never know without checking

in ut2004.ini in tcp section
the servertravel=4 set to 0 or 2 and this bug will quit you

(Source: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/archive/ ... 69996.html)

Also, I read that commands like: Changename, changecharacter and changeclass can cause serious issues with the server engine, how or why that is, I do not know, but it is worth checking.

Maybe a stupid question, but did you try to reinstall the data? Clear caches? etc. Basic fixes never hurt, just make sure to backup:)

However, If it really is an attacker, it is either a 10 year old with no life. Or someone who is using the server as a tether to attack subservers. If it is the second option, it would be clear by now, as UT still actively monitors these kinds of hackings and shuts down any connection to the servers IP adress. If it were a DDos attack, we would experience massive lag before the constand crashes, but this did not happen(Stat Net shows normal numbers, but a second before it crashes, I recieve 2 to 4 unordered packets. It just went POOF after that and we could not do anything else the Simulation, which crashed after every 2 mins without lag as warning. I found 2 more sites with useful info(perhaps) about these kind of issues.

http://www.d3scene.com/forum/unreal-tou ... rvers.html

On the page of the link there are possibilities on how to easily attack a server, maybe you'll get leads from this info.

http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/d ... -for-win32

Contains Core.dll and engine.dll fixes, might be the key to figuring out what might be wrong in the gamecode itself, since the problem could be closer to home then you'd expect.

That is all I can do for the moment, My experience with servers is very limited and I have no access to the actual server files, so who knows, maybe the key is on these pages somewhere.