Map fails to load after placing DWmonsterspawner

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
Markmis1
Killer in Training

As the title suggests, in my new map I am making (details not available) when i am loading the map to play, it comes up with the following error :UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2200 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (1407)

Failed to enter C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\Stuff\AS-ArticTransfer-ME.ut2: Can't find file for package 'AW-2k4XP'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- FFFFFFFF 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

However if i delete the said monster spawner it works and plays as normal,
anyone know why i cannot place any spawners/ individual pawns in my map?, help would be appreciated.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Do you have this texture package installed? AW-2k4XP.utx

It's possible this is one of the texture packages from the bonus packs. Make sure that you have it because some things (e.g. Monster Evolution files) might require it.
Markmis1
Killer in Training

I have downloaded the textures, however now the game does not work and displays this error: History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Class MasterServerClient) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (MasterServerClient 81436) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 1491940)) <- UObjectProperty::Serialize <- (ObjectProperty GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community.MSC) <- LoadObject <- (ObjectProperty GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community.MSC 1491940==1491940/2400421 1491923 17) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community) <- LoadObject <- (Class GUI2K4.Ut2K4Community 1491940==1491940/2400421 255826 322) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class GUI2K4.UT2K4MainMenu NULL) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (CinematicPlayer NvidiaLogo.CinematicPlayer, Function UnrealGame.CinematicPlayer.Fire) <- UObject::ScriptConsoleExec <- (CinematicPlayer NvidiaLogo.CinematicPlayer) <- UPlayer::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- UInput::ExecInputCommands <- ExecAlias <- UInput::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- UInput::ExecInputCommands <- UInput::Process <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

alternatively when i run the map it comes up with this:

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I would make sure you're updated to the latest UT2004 patch (3369 I believe). Also make sure you have all of the 2004 bonus packs installed.
christmas
1337 Haxor

DW_WailofSuicide wrote:I would make sure you're updated to the latest UT2004 patch (3369 I believe). Also make sure you have all of the 2004 bonus packs installed.
first off upgrade your tower, at least core2duo and 2GB ram..... if the existing motherboard supports nextgen cpu...
windows NT ffs...... :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

2nd, mapping for ME,missing a trillion packs is more headache than having blue-screen every 5 mins on win-XP....

file is here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/V1TXXsOR/AW-2k4XP.html
place it into textures folder

and also dl and install UT2004MegaPack 200MB
but before you do that, back-up entire UT directory in an external HD and your map files....
UT2004MegaPack is essential!!!

now, regarding mapping + running:
a) make sure your UT installation is not screwed-up....adding an actor from DWmappertools can screw up your UT installation(full-stop).
if the above is the case, backup map+map-files, new install of UT
b) remove all non-default-package actors (extra actors of DWmappertools)
yes, that happened also to me, removing an actor fixed it
c) download a dependency checker (unreal-devs) ....
when you specify a map, it will locate missing dependencies, files required for the map to be complete.....
d)change gametype in levelinfo to UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo
if it runs....guess what the problem is......
e) always hit the BuildAll button before saving map
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

christmas wrote: first off upgrade your tower, at least core2duo and 2GB ram..... if the existing motherboard supports nextgen cpu...
windows NT ffs...... :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:
Markmis1 wrote: OS: Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7600)
In terms of his OS... Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7600) is the version number of Windows 7.

In terms of his processor... Seems a little cryptic, since the Pentium Pro came out in the mid 90's and probably had a top speed closer to 220 MHz not 2200. Then throw in the fact that Win 7 should want more than 1023MB of RAM to run and we're left with a paradox.

So, I assume he's running Win 7 on a 2+ GHz processor. Not sure what to think about the RAM. I guess all I can be sure of is that UT2k4 error messages aren't the best place to get system specs from.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
christmas
1337 Haxor

DW_BrainPan wrote:
In terms of his OS... Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7600) is the version number of Windows 7.

In terms of his processor... Seems a little cryptic, since the Pentium Pro came out in the mid 90's and probably had a top speed closer to 220 MHz not 2200. Then throw in the fact that Win 7 should want more than 1023MB of RAM to run and we're left with a paradox.

So, I assume he's running Win 7 on a 2+ GHz processor. Not sure what to think about the RAM. I guess all I can be sure of is that UT2k4 error messages aren't the best place to get system specs from.
1. dont be paranoid
2. dont question everything
3. assume the the obvious
Markmis1 wrote:OS: Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7600)
if we consider ALL of the above, he copy->paste-d the log as is.....
which will mean that he has pentium pro-"class" core,
which can be any in the Pentium family, from celeron to core2duo, or even to core-i7, since (the obvious) Unrealed is a retard appl. that only checks the chipset of the "cpu"
1 gb of ram,we assume its the actual total ram, and that unrealed doesnt check only the first ram-slot(or it does!? :scratch: ),
os: win NT, regarding that, 1.any version of windows, even win8 belong in the NT family, and 2. uneraled wont recognise win versions after 2004 when it was released, but according to build 7600, it must be (verified) win7 without SP1 omg!!!!!!!!!!!

which is paradox because win7 requires something like 700MB ram to operate.... :scratch:
how does he even run the game, with just 300MB ram left, solely from the GPU???
Markmis1 wrote:C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\Stuff\AS-ArticTransfer-ME.ut2: Can't find file for package 'AW-2k4XP'
using the above, we can assume that his name is "Aiden".....
and his map's name is Artic Transfer

too much off-topic info btw
Markmis1
Killer in Training

christmas wrote:
DW_BrainPan wrote:

1. dont be paranoid
2. dont question everything
3. assume the the obvious
Markmis1 wrote:OS: Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7600)
if we consider ALL of the above, he copy->paste-d the log as is.....
which will mean that he has pentium pro-"class" core,
which can be any in the Pentium family, from celeron to core2duo, or even to core-i7, since (the obvious) Unrealed is a retard appl. that only checks the chipset of the "cpu"
1 gb of ram,we assume its the actual total ram, and that unrealed doesnt check only the first ram-slot(or it does!? :scratch: ),
os: win NT, regarding that, 1.any version of windows, even win8 belong in the NT family, and 2. uneraled wont recognise win versions after 2004 when it was released, but according to build 7600, it must be (verified) win7 without SP1 omg!!!!!!!!!!!

which is paradox because win7 requires something like 700MB ram to operate.... :scratch:
how does he even run the game, with just 300MB ram left, solely from the GPU???
Markmis1 wrote:C:\Users\Aiden\Desktop\Stuff\AS-ArticTransfer-ME.ut2: Can't find file for package 'AW-2k4XP'
using the above, we can assume that his name is "Aiden".....
and his map's name is Artic Transfer

too much off-topic info btw
Yes too much off topic, any way that is not :
a) My name, dont assume things just because of usernames, remember you are allowed more than one.
b)Not the map I am working on, it is being used as a test.