I do not have a MWM anymore

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
warhead2
1337 Haxor

Hi, in Monster Evolution my warhead character, a berserker, does not have a magic weapon maker anymore. I have all the other relics except for this one relic, so I can not roll general magic weapons for the team any more. Was it removed or am I bugged? Sorry, I can not pinpoint any exact time this started, as I was only playing warhead-am for a very long time and now only recently have I started playing the berserker again only to find this condition.
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
warhead2
1337 Haxor

I got that log for you ant, will send tonight to you via regular email.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Thanks Warhead.
This report made me very curious.

This seems like a client-specific issue since no one else is experiencing your symptoms. My guess is that you're not loading the RPG package completely. Have you deleted MonsterAssaultRPG from your cache?

Tonight, I'll inspect your account to see if anything looks incorrect on the server.

Edit: I've looked at your RPG data, and nothing unusual is there.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

you could be on to something there. at one point I had extracted all the cache files and put them into their respective UT folders in a messed up attempt to play the game offline. it didn't work and I abandoned the attempt. I deleted some of the files from the ut folders after I started getting mismatch errors when trying to play online again, but I didn't clean up everything.

seems like the cleanest thing to do would be to just do a fresh install of ut. I will go ahead and do that and get back to you with the results.
christmas
1337 Haxor

warhead2 wrote:you could be on to something there. at one point I had extracted all the cache files and put them into their respective UT folders in a messed up attempt to play the game offline. it didn't work and I abandoned the attempt. I deleted some of the files from the ut folders after I started getting mismatch errors when trying to play online again, but I didn't clean up everything.

seems like the cleanest thing to do would be to just do a fresh install of ut. I will go ahead and do that and get back to you with the results.
the wise choice is not to extract any cache files into permanent directory...it creates conflicts.
and deleting "missmatch" files doesnt fix it. (server wont inform for all files)
in other words, keeping the UT permament directory intact is the wisest choice.
since you can "run" the server/game solely from cache.

if you want to play it offline, its essential to create a 2nd UT installation in another place (partition or HDD)...since ME comes with over 1000 files.

so, you must remove entirely your UT installation, and do a clean install + Bonus Mega pack (200MB) + latest game version patch
(you could backup Screenshots and *.ini files from System folder)
warhead2
1337 Haxor

a fresh install did not work. i also tried it using a ut backup which had been made a long time ago, before i uncached anything. i am keeping the clean install around so we can do whatever experimenting we need. what's the next step?
Silly_Warlock
Killer in Training

Maybe Ant should let you rebuy the ability in case of RPG treating it as imposter ability or some other derp due to outdated char (it was unused for months, right?).
I don't even know that I know nothing.
christmas
1337 Haxor

warhead2 wrote:a fresh install did not work. i also tried it using a ut backup which had been made a long time ago, before i uncached anything. i am keeping the clean install around so we can do whatever experimenting we need. what's the next step?
A fresh install should come with a fresh cache so you will need to re-download all server-files from server (dont keep any files from your old-cache and copy them inside, your internet will do all the work).
Also, a fresh UT install is only to provide all game-essential files in their initial state (even MegaPack and patch are additional from their changelogs that I am aware of). A fresh UT install can not guarantee that the server you want to connect to will run flawlessly.

what I would do in your case (before consult the admin):
1. check my RPG data menu "L" in server if I have bought the respective skill and if it appears as purchased skill (Loaded Berserker),
if yes then
2. ask all online players to check in their berserk character if they can see that Artifact in game,
if yes then
3. create a new berserk character in server on the same computer and buy this skill to see if the Artifact will became visible in my screen,

additionally i could try activating skill through the use of keybind command:
Set Input X SelectAbility ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon|InventoryActivate
I cant be certain that this is the proper keybind-command since I dont use keybind for that, ask someone who does...

then I would contact Admin since that would be server related providing info as to when this occured, when was last time is was visible etc etc etc....
warhead2
1337 Haxor

thx for the info. tried the console command and it says i don't have that artifcact. Ant and I have already been discussing this issue. so Ant, what is next?

i have a theory that perhaps this happened when i respeced my char. i just loaded out my char and maybe the system has an issue with that, since normally you slowly build those attributes. so if you would be willing to repec my char i can try this out. i can just buy the loaded berserk up to the level that gives me the mwm and then wait for a map change and make sure i get the mwm, and then once i do, finish buying the rest of the stats. worth a try?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I haven't seen other berserkers that encountered this problem. That's why I suspect it's a client-specific issue.

I don't think the fact that you've respec your character caused this problem. The server's ini file knows that you have Loaded Berserker level 6.

Another symptom that confuses me is that you're able to see the other artifacts. Freezing, Poison, and Rage weapon makers are given to you from the same ability. This tells me that the Loaded Berserker ability is running. I'm guessing that the server thinks you already possess the magic weapon maker.

Code: Select all

//this part checks if you already have the magic weapon maker
	MWM = ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon(Other.FindInventoryType(class'ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon'));

//if you do not have one
	if(MWM == None)
	{
		//spawn one
		MWM = Other.spawn(class'ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon', Other,,, rot(0,0,0));

if (MWM != None)
        	{
    			MWM.giveTo(Other);
    			Other.NextItem();
		}
	}

if (AbilityLevel >= 2 && MWM != None)
		MWM.bUnbreakable = True;

//Give other artifacts below
Looking through your log, I see several instances of:
Log wrote:Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
This could be the Magic Weapon Maker, but I can't confirm that. It could be failing to load a different package (Resident Unreal contains a lot of custom content). Do you see this error on a map with minimal custom packages like Colosseum?

Another thing I would suspect is that your computer's video card isn't able to render the shaders of the artifact, but that wouldn't make sense because you were able to render the artifacts before.

I'm going to try reproducing this issue using your character build using various setups. I will also reset your character tonight. When you rebuild your character, I will first purchase the Loaded Berserker ability alone (and min prerequisites). Load up another game, and see if you have the Magic Weapon Maker. If you do, then repurchase your other abilities. Then check to see if you still have the magic weapon maker or not.[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466