I do not have a MWM anymore

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
warhead2
1337 Haxor

based on chris's advice to run the console cmd, I would say if it is reaching that code then it's trying to instantiate the artifact and failing, since that cmd reports that I don't have it. I may send you an newer log, one from the clean install, so we can see if those error messages still occur in the log of the clean install.

yea, my card had no issue rendering it a while ago so doubt that's it, and also the above console cmd test verifies that the game doesn't think I even have the artifact, and also there is no blank slot, as we saw the other night.

I will get on tonight and do the respec stuff and see about colosseum. if nothing is clear after that I will send you a fresh log, as I will only be doing this using the fresh install.

what package(s) contains this artifact class and it's graphical assets? I can check and make sure they are in my cache/system. kinda sounds like I don't have one of the packages. when I clean installed, I did not install any community content, just the core game from cd and then the latest patch.

thx!
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
christmas
1337 Haxor

dont get confused. once you did a new UT install and re-downloaded server files into your cache...from server...and NOT from any backup you kept....you got ALL packages needed for RPG

just built a new character (lvl 1) and buy the artifact.....in that same pc

if you cant see and/or activate artifact in the new character....then you have a problem
warhead2
1337 Haxor

i'm not confused and definitely have a problem.

respecing the char and buying loaded berzerk first at lvl1, going to next map, and then finishing respecing, fixed the issue. also, i can play the char now with my old installation and everything still works great, so no package, caching, or mismatch issues were the problem.

i would make a theory that when respecing if you max out loaded berzerk immediately then the issue will result. ant, you s/b able to test that easily to see if true or not. i suggest clicking very fast when uping the skill, as there could be spawn issues when buying the levels very fast. you may have to repeat the test several times, as timing issues could make the results somewhat randomized. i would be interested to know the results of that.

i looked in the main package file at the code and didn't see anything obvious that would cause this. possible this 'RPGStatsInv' has anything to do with it? Some kind off caching appears to be done there, and perhaps this is a persistant cache and the maker never got properly cached there. i don't know the code well enough to say for sure, but there appears to be evidence that the ModifyPawn isn't always called for abilities which spawn other abilities, and that the abilities from a cache are perhaps pulled, and if that cache has issues such as not spawning the ability correctly because i clicked too fast, then there you go. just a theory.

thanks Ant, Chris and Silly for your help.
christmas
1337 Haxor

warhead2 wrote:respecing the char and buying loaded berzerk first at lvl1, going to next map, and then finishing respecing, fixed the issue. also, i can play the char now with my old installation and everything still works great, so no package, caching, or mismatch issues were the problem.
which means that your previous character was glitched from a server update (most probable cause) at some point ........
since you had the artifact before.....and then you didn't. an artifact/skill simply can not dissappear.
also when you buy a skill there should be a server responce.

The scenario to do a fresh UT2004 install was to deduct the chance that this could be a result of a screwd up directory.
warhead2 wrote:i would make a theory that when respecing if you max out loaded berzerk immediately then the issue will result. ant, you s/b able to test that easily to see if true or not. i suggest clicking very fast when uping the skill, as there could be spawn issues when buying the levels very fast. you may have to repeat the test several times, as timing issues could make the results somewhat randomized. i would be interested to know the results of that.
simply because you are not supposed to....each skill level reflects another rank ....
although offline, you can built a character to max straight away with no issue like that.
actually, offline, you can just edit the user.ini file to any extent and expect all changes to be in effect as soon as you run the mod.
warhead2
1337 Haxor

christmas wrote:simply because you are not supposed to....each skill level reflects another rank ....
agree. suspect the system isn't designed to deal with the volume and nature of requests (like buying multiple ranks in a skill) that can occur during a single respec session since normal gameplay doesn't work that way. suggest when respecing that one exits the rpg menu frequently instead of doing in single menu session. since respecing is rare that s/b good workaround.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

The server can handle multiple purchases in a brief period of time. Warhead's build was not corrupted, and the server ini reflected that.

However, I've identified the issue. Warhead purchased the Frenzy ability before the Loaded Berserker ability. What would happen in the Loaded Berserker ability is that it would check to see if Warhead already possesses a magic weapon maker or not.

Code: Select all

MWM = ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon(Other.FindInventoryType(class'ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon'));

//if you do not have one
   if(MWM == None)
   {
      //spawn one
      MWM = Other.spawn(class'ArtifactDruidMakeMagicWeapon', Other,,, rot(0,0,0));
The Frenzy Weapon Maker's parent class is the magic weapon maker. This would spoof the Loaded Berserker ability that Warhead already possesses the Magic Weapon Maker.

I've added a prerequisite to the Frenzy ability to resolve this. You'll see the changes later this weekend.[/color]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

Nice. Thanks very much for looking into this.