AS-Xenomorphy......

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
christmas
1337 Haxor

Hi,

I received a pm today by the Alien Queen asking why did you pull her off the server.

so, my questions are:
1. why the HELLLLLL did you pull the map off the server AGAINNNNN ?????
and because I expect to hear answers like: there is a hiding spot, or Queen is too dump to attack player like she is kept busy with minions.....
I need to reply as:
a) you could place a blocking volume in that spot -> problem solved
b) yeah, that is a problem with ALL monsters....they have a tendency to attack nearby enemies and not prioritize targets....

ps: in case you reply as "there were also other issues involded".....I wont reply as "could you figure it out all this time"....
on the contrary I except a detailed list of ALL of these issues....(if there are any)

+ you never know, someone in here might provide a great solution for these issues.

2. when shall we expect Xeno back? before christmas?

I mean, really, did you have to pull the map off the server???
what exact purpose did that serve? to suck XP of this so freaking easy map in 2 mins???

Furtheron:
-Xeno is one of the most challeging maps.
-Xeno is the only map themed with Xenos Monster_type...(wont even bother mention Seraphim or SexRosa)
and
-Xeno is one of the few maps that high-rank players both enjoy playing and get decent XP (attributed to their rank)
(besides Resident, Nocturne and....oh, thats all)

SO, to conclude:
you must bring the map back because:
it serves no purpose to keep it off the server.
it creates no negative issues while its on the server (the latest version)
it increases playability,
it provides an extra choice
etc etc etc...........

and If you cant respect all that or ackowledge that, then you should provide a public vote of "active" players, to decide if they want it on or off the server (until the newer version becomes available).
warhead2
1337 Haxor

I agree. not sure why was removed, but plz bring back xeno. it had been really nice since the furnace was fixed and map still wasn't that easy to win(well, we lost most of the times we tried so winning was a rush), and you had to work hard for the xp. fun map with epic conclusion, great to play with a big team. thx for considering.
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
Markmis1
Killer in Training

christmas wrote:
SO, to conclude:
you must bring the map back because:
it serves no purpose to keep it off the server.
it creates no negative issues while its on the server (the latest version)
it increases playability,
it provides an extra choice
etc etc etc...........
Thing is Ant doesn't have to bring it back, it isn't also just because of the Alien Queen, from what I know the deemers shouldn't respawn on transition from part 1 to part 2, fixing these bugs will also probably make it so the win rate falls due to these bugs being used by certain players.
christmas
1337 Haxor

warhead2 wrote:I agree. not sure why was removed, but plz bring back xeno. it had been really nice since the furnace was fixed and map still wasn't that easy to win(well, we lost most of the times we tried so winning was a rush), and you had to work hard for the xp. fun map with epic conclusion, great to play with a big team. thx for considering.
this counts as a positive vote

Markmis1 wrote:Thing is Ant doesn't have to bring it back, it isn't also just because of the Alien Queen, from what I know the deemers shouldn't respawn on transition from part 1 to part 2, fixing these bugs will also probably make it so the win rate falls due to these bugs being used by certain players.
you are referring to 1 specific person....

So, I didnt understand, are you for or against bringing that map version back (until a newer/fixed version is employed) ???

ps: I (with the random players online each time) beat the map at least 50 times without even bothering with deemers....
and If deemer is the problem, it can simply be removed from maps until a permament solution is provided.
removing the map doesnt fix anything.

you remove a map if you did a miscalculation and it gives too much free XP (which are disproportional to map difficulty)....
you remove a map for a serious reason (or a list of reasons)

you do NOT remove a map for having a deemer that only 1 (maybe 2) players use (or even abuse). because you penalize ALL players with this method. this is like de-javu with the Damage_Limiter_MOD, where because 1,2,3 specific high-rank players rushed or were rushing low-rank maps in expense of low-rank players, the strategy used was to PENALIZE all high-rank players.
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

There are several issues that needs to be resolved before Xenomorph can return.

Little things like:
broken doors, too many turrets, additional deemers, water volumes piercing through the wall, the seal door objective breaking, killing the queen from an unreachable location, etc...

A few of these were sufficient enough to persuade me to take the map off the server.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466