join the red team ftw!

Talk about anything UT2004 related
JDub
Killer in Training

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/T/ ... TE=DEFAULT

an excerpt from the plublication:

In the 2004 Olympic Games, opponents wearing red athletic uniforms were more likely to win against opponents wearing blue uniforms. To investigate whether this color bias extends to the world of virtual competition, we compared the performance of red and blue teams in a popular multiplayer first-person-shooter (FPS) computer game. For 3 consecutive months, we collected data from a publicly available global statistics server. Outcomes from 1,347 matches played by the top 10 players on the same virtual arena were included. Red teams won 54.9% of matches, and this effect was highly significant. Our data suggest that joining the red team may offer a slight advantage over the blue team in virtual competition, and this should be accounted for when designing FPS games. It is likely that “seeing red” may trigger a powerful psychological distractor signal in human aggressive competition that can affect the outcome of sports and virtual contests alike.
--------------------------
JDub
Killer in Training

Team Deathmatch... Ha!

Though I guess if it were 2 player teams it would be better than ons or TAM... even so a ladder would be best for that kind of thing - and it would be only accurate if you took ALL statistics and indexed them across gametype for comparison.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

I wish I could get paid and published for coming to ridiculous conclusions too. It doesn't look like they even bothered trying to do a control group with teams that aren't red or blue colored.
DW_Skittles
Site Admin

R U FOR REAL?
superchav
1337 Haxor

lol complete BS
Bittr
DW Clan Member

While I do not discount the psychological effects colors can have on people. I would think that the difference is more likely to be linked to a higher percentage of people being partial color blind to red/green than to blue/yellow. But really there is not enough information to come to any definite conclusion either way.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

-- I do believe however that If your team suxs , it doesn't matter if your red, blue or fluorescent pink! you will get your butt owned --
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==