Hey all, I'm semi-not-really-back

Talk about anything and everything
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

I don't really know why I'm doing this. Just got hit by a wave of nostalgia, after an incident on the new gaming community I'm in. Looking back over however long it's been, I must say I've learned a lot. Matured some, too, though you people that know/knew me probably find that hard to believe.

First, I must apologize. The recent event I talked of was like looking in a mirror - from a year ago, back when I was here. I was disgusted, and even though this happened a few weeks ago, it's hitting home now. I, quite frankly, feel like I acted like an ass when I was on this server, pardon my French. I saw myself, a hot-shot pilot (as the game I play now is Freelancer) that had an ego the size of Norway, and though he was a good pilot (better than me for sure) I see now why I never made it into DW, even though I was too young. Had I been old enough, I still wouldn't have made it.

Ego, skill, yes. Those he had. He didn't have what you look for in a person that is in a clan, I believe we all know what I'm talking about. He lacked any of that... that... it's escaping my ability to convey in words. You get what I'm trying to say, I hope, and if you don't, well maybe it'll come to me later on what I'm trying to say.

Well, as I said I have matured. My ego has shrunk considerably, I am a respected member of the community I am now a part of, and have found my true love in the video game world: Role Playing, though a different brand than that of WoW or other similar RPGs. I also found the one skill that I still brag about writing. I've written several stories, sharpening my skill, to the point where I want to publish a book soon. My ego has migrated to this skill, not how well I play ONS or fly a ship in Freelancer.

Though I doubt any of you care, I feel I must provide a link to said stories I've written. They are my pride now.

This is a shout out to friends still here, friends gone, and friends passed away (sorry to hear about Weasel), and honorable mentions go to KarmaKat, ToxicWaste, Kaeolian, Joeblow (et tu, Brute? We studied Julius Caesar in English last year) other names escape me, but you all know that if I saw your name recently, you'd be on the list. Heh, I'll even throw Hornet in there, though I'm sure he doesn't like me one bit. I don't blame you for not liking my immature manifestation.

Anyways, enough ranting, I'm gonna play a few games of ONS a week, nothing else pretty much. If you see me in-game, that's great. Already met a few familiar faces, though the only DW/SVA I played was some new DW I've never met before.

See you in-game, if you still play UT2004.
BigBadWolf
Killer in Training

Hey Zax... I know you. :) Yes, maturing can be a great thing sometimes.

See ya in ONS!
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Well Zax well written!

I need to come up with a new Latin phrase for your epiphany (edit for sp)

See you in game when you can!

wp
Last edited by joeblow on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
DW_ACY
DW Clan Member

Zax nice to see the maturity, I see it every year you know that, me being a teacher and all. but your skill with a pen has sharpened and I must say will get better as you broaden your reading and find more in this world than the world you know. Freelancer nice game wish I could have found a copy to play.

Regardless you sound much more mature Zax and you know I enjoyed playing with you!

No shame, no dishonor, will run away to fight another day!
ACY
d2frob
1337 Haxor

sup zax :D
kaeolian
1337 Haxor

Well written dude, some times its shocking to look back and think "was I really like that" but then on the flip side you can look at how much more you have become in such a short space of time.

Im glad you have found your own spot in the gaming world and your happy.

Take it easy dude :cheers:
Aih PittaH TeH F00l !!!1!11

DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Zax,

When I'm more composed, I'll write a little more...but I just wanted to say that I'm very proud of you today! And when my mind and heart are more clear, I'll be reading what you've written. :)

Very good to see you here on the boards....hope to catch you in the server soon!

KKat
:flower:
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Zax_Gentoo_Box
1337 Haxor

Thank you one and all. Sorry I left you off the 'list' of people Acy, you deserve a place on there.

And KK... lemme give you a hint of which one to read first... *cough* Fantasmas *cough* It's my favorite. And the darkest.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- Im pretty sure, I was always on your side in your fights with Hornet mr Gentoo .. I was just wondering where that kid had gone .. - WB -
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_Bomzin
Site Admin
Xfire: bomzin

Good to see you around Zac , stop by anytime .

It's always good when you find something you love , it's even better if you can do it and make $$ .