Im working on getting all the hackers :)

Report any issues or suggestions here. Intermittent lag happens, so don't report it unless it is excessive
Draco
Camper
Xfire: dracothedragon73

hey guys, some of you may remember me from way back when as [SD]Draco, leader of the Silent Dragons clan and mapper of many of the old skool maps like ONS-Bitchslap. but as of lately you most likely wont find me on servers with my name and tag on anymore because i usually alias as some off the wall funny thing lol. I still play loads of UT, and TONS of TAM, but like i said, i am usually some alias name, so most of you when you do play with me usually have no idea.

either way, with that slight introduction / recap of my self out of the way, as a clan SD hosts a few TAM servers, as well as we are in the middle of moving some of our servers to UT3, so currently we only have 2 tam servers (use to have more). but i know some of you DW guys play on our servers especially the lair

our servers...

The Lair II 12-man UT2004 TAM server
ut2004://64.94.238.35:7777

Haggard Zone 8-man TAM server
ut2004://216.52.143.52:7777

either way, i had gotten fed up with all of the hackers which have been running ramped through ut2k4 as of lately, so over the course of the past few weeks, I would say about the past 6 weeks, i have been going gun ho on busting any and all hackers who step foot on our server...not only do i ban them when i bust them, but i also created a new section in our forums about 6 weeks ago in which i publicly post any and all hackers caught by either us, or "close friendly clans"...these are then viewed by hundreds of people as well as a large majority of clans (which then implement the bans as well on their server) and all TWL admins too.

So, i just figured i would show you guys what i am talking about in case you have not heard through the grape vine of what i have been doing. SD as a clan has been running multiple programs over the past few weeks on our servers, and we have been busting people left and right, people others could never confirm we have gotten positive ID proof.

if you decide to take a look, you will see every found person positively IDed hack, will have his or her own thread, which will contain their name when caught, their IP, their full GUID, as well as the proof in which shows the hack (could be an antitcc catch, or a client side screen shot, or as simple as an in game screen shot) every person and their thread contains everything needed to implement bans, as well as all the proof needed to do it "rightfully".

the thread is also a "running a tally" and i am constantly adding new people to the forum, so feel free to check back often...in fact i just banned a new hacker tonight and posted about him. Likewise, if you guys have any useful information on known hackers that could contribute to that thread please let me know and i will make sure they get added, because like i said many other clans as well as twl browse the thread for additional information on hacks.

well without any further adieu here is our hackers section (and keep in mind, all of these have been found in 6 weeks lol)

http://www.silentdragons.com/modules.ph ... forum&f=19

also i would like to say, any and all posts in that section are 100% viewable to all guests and registered users, but that section is restricted to postings for specific individuals. any and all clan members, as well as twl admins, and any friendly clans i have no problem granting access to be able to posts, just pm me with your registered name so i can set you up. i just didn't want the "caught hacker" to come onto the forums and quickly turn his or her thread into a 3 ring circus of stupid posts and flames lol. I wanted to try to keep that section semi respectable LOL.

Well i hope you guys can put it to good use, and its why i am letting you all know about it. as well as i hope you can all find some if not get all of those people banned from your servers as well.

happy fraggin, always good to see some of you in our servers

Draco
BigBadWolf
Killer in Training

Always good to see someone trying to clear servers of these losers. What we need is a hack that hilites hacked players so they can be targeted by everyone in the game.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

- Draco, Welcome to the forums -

-- This is news!! I guess I should trust my gut whenever a player is just wierdly good .. -Note that Extremely good feels a tad different than wierly good when your TAMing.. - I've played against :psK: and hi-ryan on various times, and felt the need to yell hacker!! turns out they actually hack- - I've played along side with Poltergeist, seems so nice guy and..turns out he also hax .. man -- no wonder why theres always a guy that seems to ' always know where you are' -- that's just cheap BS! .. NJ - SD I like specially that SS feature..

==don't let them ruin your game, take em as practice oportunities== :albino:
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==
DW_Skittles
Site Admin

Whats wrong with using UTAN? =)
Draco
Camper

e_aLpHa wrote:- Draco, Welcome to the forums -
NJ - SD I like specially that SS feature..
thanks, and thanks lol...and yeah the SS is def a cool little feature
Skillz wrote:Whats wrong with using UTAN? =)
lol, nothing is "wrong" with utan, but relying solely on utan for your "hacker management" will result in a poor out come in the long run. the problem with utan is, utan does not physically go out and search for hackers its self, it 100% relies on other admins to catch hackers, and then submit the information...likewise easily thousands of hackers slip through the cracks, either never being detected, or never being reported, or what ever the case may be.

in fact, i bet you if you were to cross check my current list in which i have complied almost 40 guys in ONLY 40 days...but if you cross check that list with the utan ban list, i bet you if your LUCKY utan will have 15-20% of the people on my list.

now like i was saying, there is nothing wrong with utan, and its a great program, but its a drop in the bucket compared to how many people there actually is out there who are running some sort of hack.
Draco
Camper

in fact just for shits and giggles i just cross checked my ban list with utans full ban list, and utan does not have even ONE of the people i caught hacking in their master list lol...which just supports what i was saying, utan is good, but not even close to everything
JDub
Killer in Training

How exactly do you catch hackers doing stuff like the nvidia texture hack - the one that highlights invisible players? Or similar client side ones that really wouldn't show anything if someone else speced the players?
unhappy_meal
Killer in Training

This is why I mostly stick to "open-ended" games like ONS, where unless plenty of ambient skill is acquired the only impact on the game's outcome most cheaters have is to expose themselves...... methinks only a handful of competitive or pubstar-level ONS players have been found to be h4xing over many years, wheras in TAM it sounds (with little exaggeration) like every other player....

Salutations Dractastic one! Keepeth up thy noble fight & may our Mantars cross paths again soon :)
Last edited by unhappy_meal on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeblow
1337 Haxor

Great stuff Draco! Thank you so much for sharing this.

I always feel an open policy on aimbots and cheats is the best policy.

Have you seen something we here are calling a "dodge bot" where as if you shoot towards a person they dodge either left or right weather you are behind them or not. I have seen what I think is something of this nature starting about a month ago maybe a little more.

Also have you have any ideas on the speed hackers? I think on some of my DOAC servers they are looking at spikes in the net code somehow and kicking people that have unusually high and long spikes.

wp
joblow@bellsouth.net game contact email.
DW_e_aLpHa
DW Clan Member

-- I tought I had seen it all.. " they are able to remove objects from the maps or regain Hp- - now that's elite haxing!
..:: Sworn to a Secrecy ::..
==||+ Beast Of Blood +||==