MM III

All things related to the UT3 RPG Monster Mash 3 server
Jon!
1337 Haxor
Xfire: jonk27

aaah I see. Thanks! (might not be on for a few days got school starting on wednesday :()

EDIT: Great, slapped with another problem. The server is reading as playing Waterfall, with one player, and in xfire it says one player on the servers screen but none in the server information. When I try to connect it goes some way into the loading screen and tells me it failed to connect. HAAALP!
DW_Fry
DW Clan Member

That happens when you crash out of the game, but it still thinks you're connected. You have to wait to be idle kicked before it'll let you reconnect, unfortunately.

I'll shorten the idle timer.

You could also come on Ventrilo and have an admin remove you so you can reconnect.
(Under Team Deathmatch)
Jon!
1337 Haxor

yeah, I hadnt actually been in game that day though ...?

And I will get vent soon, provided I can get a link from somewhere and the server info, beware I have a high voice and welsh accent :D
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

Jon! wrote:And I will get vent soon, provided I can get a link from somewhere and the server info, beware I have a high voice and welsh accent :D
If you go to the frontpage of the site and click on "Vent" above the gametracker banners you can get the server info and there's a link to DL the client. You will need to PM a DW member to get the password.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
Jon!
1337 Haxor

Hold on... it shows in the spammer on server 1 doesn't it?
DW_BrainPan
DW Clan Member

probably
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who read binary, and everyone else.
4013 is only a FAD
And 2989? Well that's just BAD
warhead2
1337 Haxor

DW_Bomzin wrote: Another new feature intended for high-level players is
a second tier to the class structure, which lets you buy Level 2 of
the Weapons, Adrenaline, and Medic class skills.
Is this working? I tried but can't do it.

Also, what are the options for a medic or wm in the luci wave. Globes don't seem to drop, and only am's get globes. Are the other classes stuck with just having to dance and avoid the instagib shots, or am I missing something?
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
warhead2
1337 Haxor

after seeing level 400+ wm's and medics get powned in luci wave my conclusion is to be an AM. fortunately it's easy to rebuild the character. my guess is by the silence is the other issues aren't fixed so solution is to just rebuild char to play as sent master and so on. good enough for me.

fyi, i haven't seen anything about key binding aritifact commands in the forums or the example ini (maybe i missed it?) so here's a few things i am finding useful atm for binding artifact commands. it's totally different in ut3 than it is in 2k4:

setbind r brpg use artifact (make R key USE current artifact)
setbind f brpg next artifact (make F key select next artifact)

if you play Titan in ut3 then you would need to map another key to the Titan key (R is the default). example: setbind i TriggerHero . most people would applaud using F for something that's actually useful rather than the lousy Feign death action, as it gets you killed when you accidentally hit F in combat. example to move it somewhere else, setbind o FeignDeath.

the E key does not seem like a good key to use, as ut3 or the game type itself seems to always remap it back to it's old setting for USE Vehicle on next map.

i am trying to get 'brpg first artifact' command to work but it appears to be broken, so this is preventing me from making a binding for a 2k4 style 'select globe' type of operation. fortunately in this ut3 game you don't have a lot of artifacts in your inventory so just using 'next artifact' is ok to quickly scroll through the list.

enjoying ut3 invasion very much thanks for bringing dw invasion to ut3.
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
polarstorm
Killer in Training

life here?