Blatant Haxing on spamvikings Nov.26 2009 11:45 AM

Discuss all things related to our custom map 32 player ONS server
[V]3N+47
Killer in Training

Blatant Haxing on spamvikings Nov.26 2009 11:45 am to about noon.

Map: Gritnights Tank-me-up
Haxor: Shelinda
Hax: dunno the name but she was jumping AT WILL really high - all over the place. And she could stop mid-air, levitate and shoot from any height in space. She was able to do this AS SOON AS SHE SPAWNED. Yes, I did spec her.

Witnesses: Me, TyphoidMary, Detritus, Bobbyboozer, NBK(?)Gifted, Belinda, a few others.

Never wanted to register here and participate in the forums (not a forum person), but this was just too blatant.

I've been a proponent of AntiTCC as a general means to dissuade most people from haxing - the few who really wants to do it have to find a way around it and there are some that will. But I think for a means to stop most ordinary people from blatantly hacking, its a good thing to have on.

Really makes game playing for the rest of us non-hackers alot less fun. Needless to say people drop out of the server once they see someone has a definite unfair advantage. UT2K4 has already lost alot of people to other games. This just makes it easier to leave this game to more current ones where there's still decent anti-hacks on servers.
Skyline
1337 Haxor
Xfire: 40shards

Saw her pull the same stunt a couple of weeks ago on Grit TMU, leaping around 14 pretty much the entire game. Thought it was some kind of jumping boots pickup I didn't know about at the time, but if she was doing it from spawn...
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

Screenies or demos, either of you?

I don't believe there's jump boots on GritNights TMU so the behaviour you're describing is troubling. I'm out of town until Sunday, so I can't check further until I get home. A demorec would be invaluable...screenies if you have them too.

KKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Char

There are jumpboots on Grit if you make it through the trials pyramid in the back of the map. I was also specing shelinda(b/c I want to learn how to get through the pyramid and I dislike tankmeup maps) but it did not appear to me to be hax. I am by no means an expert tho. As for the jumping and levitating from spawn thing I have no idea. Shelinda is a fun player to play with and against from my experience. BTW awesome server DW's and I enjoy playing with all of you fine people. :banana: :stongue: :sbigsmile: :ssmile: :thumbright: :banana: :banana:
[V]3N+47
Killer in Training

Hey Char,

By no means do I want uncalled action to be taken against shelinda - I agree she is a personality on this server that would be missed if gone. What I was trying to point out was that if it is a hack (and it seemed like one to me and others) antitcc would have taken care of it or prevented it. I was just using this instance as an example to point out the need for it on this server. Jump boots would explain the bouncing around but the levitation thing? I never knew u could do that. I wish I took some screenies.
PastorOfMuppets
Killer in Training

The levitation is caused by the Nexus. No hax.
I was working on a flat tax proposal and I accidently proved there\´s no God.
DW_ToxicWaste
Site Admin

Char is right. There are boots in the pyramid trials and they never wear out.

If you want to stop it, do what I did one time and camp in the pyramid and have a little 1 on 1 fun and try and prevent him/her from getting there.

Rich (TW)
* > Tommo
-goose-
Camper

Shelinda made it through the trials pyramid... really?
[V]3N+47
Killer in Training

Ah I c. Ok thx. That explains whey they lasted forever. Other maps where Ive seen the boots they only last about 5 jumps or so then die out. Yeah I tend to concentrate on nodes to win the map. Cant say I know every nook and cranny of every map time for me to snoop around I guess.

Oh yeah, on a related topic, yes, I will be demorec and taking tons of snappys now. Thank you for the suggestion. Noob on other thread was right, need more admins around - or at least dws with admin rights _IMO_. All sorts of dingbats trying less than ethical and unsportsman like conduct.

DW_ToxicWaste wrote:Char is right. There are boots in the pyramid trials and they never wear out.

If you want to stop it, do what I did one time and camp in the pyramid and have a little 1 on 1 fun and try and prevent him/her from getting there.

Rich (TW)
Anonymouse
1337 Haxor

Whats the shoesize for the boots? I need to get them :sitwasntme: I love trials :srofl: