3 New Maps in Testing

Here's a specific forum for discussing potential maps, maps that need a vacation and optimizations and modifications for better playability.
Blood Asp
Camper
Xfire: eaelemental

Blood-Confliction

Redesigned the map a little to get rid of some old faults it had, hopefully can be added to MM1 and 2 servers? :)
Download Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/7soM_3NL/DM ... ction.html
Last edited by Blood Asp on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blood Asp
Camper

Anyone had a look at it?
Would be nice to see if it can be put up to the MM Servers
Tnx
DW_KarmaKat
Site Admin
Xfire: KarmaKat

4Shared wants me to make an account...host somewhere else?

DW>KarmaKat
Karma...a term that comprises the entire cycle of cause & effect...
Kat...a supercilious quadrupedal pile of fur that doesn´t give a flying fig for Karma...
Blood Asp
Camper

Updated link with no download limit and no login necessary:
http://l2uk.ucoz.com/Invasion/DM-Blood-Confliction.ut2
Blood Asp
Camper

Is that one okay? :P
Habulin
Camper

I downloaded and added the map to my map folder, in game I do not see it. Then I decided I would manualy open the file via the ut client. This is the result:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2210 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (479)

Failed to enter C:\Unreal Anthology\UT2004\Maps\DM-Blood-Confliction.ut2: Can't find file for package 'ehredeemer'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free

I tried to open it in the Unreal Editor, but it seems that I lack the files for steorra and ehredeemer. I will try to gain access to those files and be glad to test your work.

LP Habulin
Blood Asp
Camper

ehredemer is missing from your system, the server Does have it installed so either find a download or use a cache converted to find it from the server.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

We should schedule a time to look at this and Downtown, Karma.
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

So Renegade, what did you redesign and improve here? I remember playing this like 2 years ago and it seems pretty much the same.

3 basically identical corridors with some weird repetitive bridge architecture, tons of high adren pills, and several superweapons.

The best part of this map is the outdoor / cave section. That part is pretty well done. But the corridors themselves aren't anything special and are a chore to move around. You should cut down the bridges to half or one quarter to start with, and think about how to make the layout a little more interesting.
Blood Asp
Camper

I Submitted the wrong wrong **** lol...
This was the correct one: http://l2uk.ucoz.com/Invasion/DM-Blood- ... ion-V2.ut2

I Have performed edits on the doorways in the 3 Canal hallways and have edited alot of the other stuff, Adren pills are worth 10, there are less bridges (3 per canal) And there are colour changes to help you know where you are in intense battle.

There is also floor lighting and the canals are grated over to avoid you or monsters from falling in.