Any news regarding the status of the server?

Anything and everything related to the Evolution server.
christmas
1337 Haxor

pulp wrote:I've suggested a simple quick fix. If you change the server's IP, then any hacking attempts targeting the old IP address will no longer be successful. Changing the server name to something unrelated to DW: ME means that the hacker will not be able to determine the new IP address of the server. Finally, trusted users are given the new server details and can start playing again - immediately. It's a piece of piss.

The server admin can work on a more long-term solution whilst this workaround is put up. Users aren't going to be patient, especially when no ETA is being provided.
dude, how old are you? in game you act like 10 and here you speak like 30...hahaha i'm messing with your head...

fair point yet, any server, since it goes online, in a new IP, will be listed in game-tracking sites...so anyone can locate if a new server has been created or not. and since it will have attendance it will go in the top 10 servers list of UT2004....so f***** easy to find it...

I dont know the case where there is a private server created (not public) that can work/operate off the grid... and not listed anywhere.

probably admins here are in a very tough spot regarding ME and possible solutions, even temporary... dont know what more to say regarding this matter.

but yeah, i would require (not gonna say demand) a responsible answer regarding this issue and an ETA... which neitheir has been provided already.
pulp
Killer in Training

I'm nearly 27, so the right side of 30 ;-)

I think a new temporary identity should at least be attempted. A vulnerable server is better than no server at all.
christmas
1337 Haxor

pulp wrote:I'm nearly 27, so the right side of 30 ;-)

I think a new temporary identity should at least be attempted. A vulnerable server is better than no server at all.
yeah, go ahead and share that with the Admin...and let me know of his responce.

btw, you must be aware not of the hassle, but the damage that can be done not to server, but to the user accounts that the sensitive data are actually stored to a server... like cd-keys, ip's etc...
pulp
Killer in Training

CD Keys and IP Addresses are hardly sensitive data.
El_Salvador_503
Camper

Hey calm down... Dont be so dramatic just calm down
If we don't do what we love, no matter if we do it all day we will always be unoccupied...
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

pulp wrote:I've suggested a simple quick fix. If you change the server's IP, then any hacking attempts targeting the old IP address will no longer be successful. Changing the server name to something unrelated to DW: ME means that the hacker will not be able to determine the new IP address of the server. Finally, trusted users are given the new server details and can start playing again - immediately. It's a piece of piss.

The server admin can work on a more long-term solution whilst this workaround is put up. Users aren't going to be patient, especially when no ETA is being provided.
Changing the IP won't do a thing. The hacker need 5 minutes to reconfigure his script to the new IP. Changing the server name combine to a new IP is pretty much the same, it will just take 1 hour instead of 5 minutes for the hacker to figure that out too. Like Viper said, people are working to solve the problem with a REAL solution that will last, so just be patient.
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
-goose-
Camper

Ye old voice exploit?
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

We're addressing this issue. Details of our progress will not be posted publicly for security purposes. Thank you for your patience.

By the way, Friday's update was the temporary solution. It'll be a poor return of investment to move the server around just to have a one-night play. I'd prefer to fix the problem sooner than postponing it.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

"To be positive: to be mistaken at the top of one's voice." -Ambrose Bierce
VIP3R
Killer in Training

Well learn to be patient... Not everything can be how you want It to be.
The server will be fixed, whenever Ant and the others fix It.
Also obviously that wouldn't work, because otherwise that probably would've happened by now.
So once again, learn some patience and play some other server for a while.. Like the rest of us have been doing. Or do something productive and map like I have been doing (among other things).