The 10 seconds between each wave...

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
pulp
Killer in Training

...has two annoyances:

- It's unnecessary for the earlier waves.
- more importantly, it's not enough time to get ready for the later waves.

I propose the following system:

- The time between waves is a MAXIMUM of 30 seconds.
- Players can give a 'ready signal' during this time.
- If the MAJORITY of players are ready, then the next wave will begin IMMEDIATELY.

Advantages:

1) Earlier waves are progressed quickly
2) More prep time is available in the later waves (should players need it)
3) Trolls / AFKs can't stall the game as only a MAJORITY of ready signals are required, and the time is capped at 30 seconds in any case.

Thoughts?
DW_WailofSuicide
DW Clan Member

Agreed that I wouldn't mind moderately longer pauses between waves. I'm not sure I'd want to reduce it below 10 seconds in any circumstance though. Not that there are many low levels left, but it's challenging to do anything (e.g. grab a weapon) and get to a safe place in 10 seconds.
pulp
Killer in Training

But it would only be less than 10 seconds if the majority of players declared themselves ready - therefore the majority of players would benefit from the reduced waiting time.
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

if there are only 1-2 low levels around that died during a wave your majority vote will kill them and make the wave harder before it even started.

And a waittime of 30 seconds makes it even easier to win maps when there are high AMs because it gives time to get redeemers from WMs or adren from bad adren spawns between waves. Or switch artifacts and weapons from one high WM to another...

it also gives AMs the possibility to roll weapons earlier in the map and get even more kills
pulp
Killer in Training

But those events would only occur if the TEAM decided to play the game that way. I think giving the players some control as to when to progress onto the next wave - and therefore placing more emphasis on teamwork - is not necessarily a bad thing.
warhead2
1337 Haxor

the system has merit, but as it stands currently, the net effect will probably be to increase the wait time for most waves which will be annoying, as probably a lot of the time people will just not be clicking in and we would have to wait 30 seconds. i can see the chat window already: 'cmon dude, click ready already'. perhaps the current 10 sec s/b the default and then you have to vote to change it higher or lower, ie, leave the game the way it is unless overridden by team choice. also always having the click in will probably get tiresome and annoying in itself(depends on exactly how the interface would work). on the flip side, how many times have I personally died because I couldn't get ready in time, so I do like the overall concept of what you are introducing here.
Warning: Incoming Warhead!!
Wanted on 1000 planets for mass destruction of alien life forms!
DW_Wine_Flu
DW Clan Member

Azmodan wrote:if there are only 1-2 low levels around that died during a wave your majority vote will kill them and make the wave harder before it even started.

And a waittime of 30 seconds makes it even easier to win maps when there are high AMs because it gives time to get redeemers from WMs or adren from bad adren spawns between waves. Or switch artifacts and weapons from one high WM to another...

it also gives AMs the possibility to roll weapons earlier in the map and get even more kills
Wise words here to digest there.

I've always thought the 10 seconds was a part of the challenge of playing MM. Can you get to where you need to? Can you roll that final wep which will make the round survivable? Can you share that wep and get it back before time runs out? Each map has it 10 second challenges with some being cakewalks.
Generic Humorous Forum Sig
AS-Cubes4All > AS-TorlanEvolution > AS-OpportunityKnocks > AS-BP2-AcatanaEvolution
DW_FrankyTheFly
DW Clan Member

Been playing Monster Mash for 7 years, never had any problem with the 10 seconds between waves. And don't call the "Your a high level and you don't care blah blah blah"... I hold 6 characters in total, 3 on both servers and yes, they all had level 25 at the start and still I never had any problem with 10 second to hide or do my stuff so go figure. :sdull:
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

Lets play Invasion my way!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mag-73C4c1I[/youtube]
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

TROLOLOL!! :banana: :srofl: :sclapping:
I got the reflex of the fly, now catch me if you can!