VOTE - Wave Progression

Check out Death Warrant's Invasion Server
pulp
Killer in Training

Please vote on your preferred system for progressing waves in MM:

1) Fixed 10 seconds between each wave (current system).
2) Next wave starts when majority of players give 'ready' signal. Max 30 seconds.
3) Next wave starts in 10 seconds, unless majority of players give 'not ready' signal, in which case time is extended to 30 seconds.
4) Time between waves is fixed but based on wave number.
5) Time between waves is determined by the map being played.
6) Some other system.
høerb
Killer in Training

7. leave it as it is
christmas
1337 Haxor

8. ban him from MM server so he returns to ME....

pulp, return to ME server, we all miss you. we will you give free 100 lvls on your chapter char....
pulp
Killer in Training

høerb wrote:7. leave it as it is
You mean option 1 then, not 7.
christmas wrote:pulp, return to ME server, we all miss you.
ME's still down as far as I can see!
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

I vote for 15 second wave intervals for every wave, and players are resurrected and the announcement begins at the 13 second counter.

Since that seems to be a happy medium between 30 seconds (too long in early waves) and 10 seconds (too short in later waves).
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

I vote 1: leave it as it is but I can live with Ant's suggestion
pulp
Killer in Training

DW_Ant wrote:Since that seems to be a happy medium between 30 seconds (too long in early waves) and 10 seconds (too short in later waves).
Instead of compromising on a fixed time for all 16 waves, why not use the wave number to determine the time available? (option 4 in the vote).
DW_Ant
DW Clan Member

pulp wrote:
DW_Ant wrote:Since that seems to be a happy medium between 30 seconds (too long in early waves) and 10 seconds (too short in later waves).
Instead of compromising on a fixed time for all 16 waves, why not use the wave number to determine the time available? (option 4 in the vote).
There's more to consider than just the wave number....
Play a map like shooting range and the wave intervals are too long.
Play a map like Quilted Edifice and the wave intervals are never long enough.
Play with a super team and the wave intervals are too long.
Play a map alone and the wave intervals are never long enough.
Play a map with super adren/pickups all over, the intervals are often not long enough.
Play a map with hoverboards, idlers, chatters, explorers, globers, weapon rollers (to a degree), lost players, ol' veterans, etc... wave intervals rarely satisfy. Let me know if you want me to explain all of these characteristics.

I'd rather have a consistent system so that everyone exactly knows how much time to prepare before monsters appear.
The difference between successful people from others is
not in the lack of strength,
not in the lack of knowledge,
but rather in the lack of will.

FFE466

The answer to all of those points is to let the team decide when they want to progress to the next wave through the use of 'ready' / 'not ready' signals (options 2 and 3 in the vote).
Azmodan
1337 Haxor

Nah, if I look at the Tam server's ready/not ready stuff before a match it only holds up the match. (often enough I was waiting for the match to start without realizing that I was still "not ready"). And majority votes aren't great either. I remember several situations where people just started mapvoting instead of waiting for the 1-2 people who worked hard to survive the wave but sadly they were more then 50%. I don't see why a wave progression system with votes should work better (next to the fact that no one but you needs it so far).